Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SmittS

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
Anybody have the Phone Devil anti-glare screen protector? I just installed one after seeing pretty good reviews on Amazon and some kind words on here. It is much cheaper than the PS (12 bucks shipped on Amazon for 2). I've had it installed for maybe 3 weeks and there are tons of hairline scratches on the thing. I noticed a few not long after install and more and more are building. I carry the phone in my pocket only and never place anything else in that pocket. Phone only all the time. I've never had trouble with PS or even Ebay protectors on my iPhone 4. I hate it because the anti-glare works very well without sacrificing much clarity. I'd have to say it may even be better than PS, but the scratches are getting worse! Do I have a lemon or is this pretty standard?

vtclan

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2011
Scratches are pretty standard if theyre using cheaper material than powersupport. The clarity may also be better because phonedevils anti glares are thinner than the powersupport ones. I was considering buying those as an alternative to powersupport since they charged $6 for shipping for one pack of protectors :confused:. Luckily, i found them on apple's website with free shipping for only $15 shipped!

Munkypoo7

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2011
Hanover, MD
Anybody have the Phone Devil anti-glare screen protector? I just installed one after seeing pretty good reviews on Amazon and some kind words on here. It is much cheaper than the PS (12 bucks shipped on Amazon for 2). I've had it installed for maybe 3 weeks and there are tons of hairline scratches on the thing. I noticed a few not long after install and more and more are building. I carry the phone in my pocket only and never place anything else in that pocket. Phone only all the time. I've never had trouble with PS or even Ebay protectors on my iPhone 4. I hate it because the anti-glare works very well without sacrificing much clarity. I'd have to say it may even be better than PS, but the scratches are getting worse! Do I have a lemon or is this pretty standard?

If they use the same materials on their current screen protectors [anti-glare] as their 3GS anti-glare screen protectors, then yes, it's standard.

PowerSupport and SGP are your best options. They're durable and are excellent options :)

rapaleeman

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2010
Yes. It included 2 protectors like phonedevil.

You missed my point.

TC said they purchased the Phone Devil ones becuase they were much cheaper than the PS ones. In reality they really weren't which is why I'm curious why the TC didn't just buy the PS ones instead.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.