Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JamesHP

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 6, 2010
Manchester, UK
Up until recently iMessage was working fine. My phone was jailbroken but I decided to get rid of it because I didn't like it being tethered. Although the messages still send, they go through my email address rather than my phone number. Looked in Settings>Messages>Receive At and this is what I find:

imessage.png

It's hanging on 'verifying' for my phone number. So far I've tried switching iMessage and FaceTime off and back on to see if it'll verify, no luck. Also tried taking the SIM Card out and putting it back in, and just tried restoring it. That didn't work either. So, has anyone got a fix for this? Bit irritating.

Last edited:

Arelunde

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2011
CA Central Coast
I noticed this today, too. There was a message that my primary address wasn't validated. Tried to add another email address, but it hung up on validating. Deleted that address and went back to the original - again, it said it had to validate and hung up there. Not sure what's going on with it. Hasn't changed.

JamesHP

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 6, 2010
Manchester, UK
Okay, I've fixed it. DFU restore and restored a backup from before I initially restored it when I was jailbroken, and it's all back to normal.

Last edited:

Ashwood11

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2010
US
Please use the appropriate forum or subforum. To help other users find the threads they are looking for, please choose the most appropriate forum for your new thread. Use Hacks for jailbreaking and customization.

JamesHP

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 6, 2010
Manchester, UK
...The thread was about a problem I had with iMessage which surely goes under iOS? Wasn't about jailbreaking, that was just an explanation of how the issue came to be. It's fixed now, anyway.

Ashwood11

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2010
US
...The thread was about a problem I had with iMessage which surely goes under iOS? Wasn't about jailbreaking, that was just an explanation of how the issue came to be. It's fixed now, anyway.

If the issue was not about jail breaking why did the OP state that in the original post?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.