PDA

View Full Version : just visted my very first apple store

biohazard6969
May 28, 2005, 07:21 PM
hey all, just wanted to share my opinions of the new apple store yorkdale in canada. this was my first ever apple store, i had never been in one before. and the first thing a thought when i walked in was "wow...its small..." i expected it to be like at least 2 story's....dunno wat made3 me expect that...maybe all trhe hype and line ups to get in... anyways it was packed and the stuff they had there was awsome. made me wish i had at least $3000 in my pocket to buy something. oh well, it wasn't a total loss, i walked out of there with close combat: first to fight, and Battlefeild 1942 :D

leekohler
May 28, 2005, 08:05 PM
I know the stores in some places are small, but check out the apple store here in Chicago:

http://www.apple.com/retail/northmichiganavenue/gallery1.html

runninmac
May 28, 2005, 08:57 PM
North Mich. Ave. Store is so nice and big. Also there staff is really nice i know how u feel wantin 3 grand in ur pocket to burn while your there.

dmw007
May 28, 2005, 09:49 PM
I hear what your saying about going to an apple store and thinking it will be huge when they are really fairly tiny. Case in point- the apple store in king of prussia mall (near Philadelphia, PA) was alot smaller than I thought that it would be. Still, the store was packed with tons of cool Macs, software, and informative staff (making my visit awesome!!!).

biohazard6969
May 29, 2005, 04:11 PM
I know the stores in some places are small, but check out the apple store here in Chicago:

OMG now THAT's kinda wat i was expecting...i kinda see the TO one as more of one of the mini stores....(geez they must be TINY!)

iGary
May 29, 2005, 04:16 PM
OMG now THAT's kinda wat i was expecting...i kinda see the TO one as more of one of the mini stores....(geez they must be TINY!)

Chicago is one of the nicer stores in the country. I also like the Soho NY store, and the SF store in Cali.

I'd love to visit London's store.

Interested to see how big they make the new store only a mile from my house here in Annapolis. I'll be ordering my new PM G5 and 30" ACD from them in the fall.

iSwift
May 29, 2005, 05:19 PM

The Chicago store was my first Apple Store experience and I was blown away. Since I just switched to Macs only 1 1/2 years ago, I am still blown away by little discoveries I find about Apple all the time. Walking into that store for the first time was great, so great I went back the next day lol. Every new product they release or idea they have seems like such a break through, when in reality, it isn't a break through, it's just better than what everyone else is doing. Just like many others have already done in this thread, I recommend checking out the North Mich. Apple Store if you have the chance, very cool.

James L
May 29, 2005, 05:43 PM
Yup... there are apple stores, and then there are apple stores!!!

Soho in NYC, and the flagship store in SF, are awesome!!!

sjpetry
May 29, 2005, 05:55 PM
I guess I am spoiled by the Chicago one. :p

It is huge. :)

FadeToBlack
May 31, 2005, 01:24 AM
I'd REALLY like to go to an Apple Store, especially SoHo or Chicago. Me and one of my friends may go to the one in Columbus sometime soon. It's like 200 or so miles away, I think. Road trip time! :D

UTB_Avid
Jun 3, 2005, 09:44 AM
I was pretty surprised by how small the Yorkdale store was as well, but it definitely wasn't a disapointment in terms of stock. Lots of fun toys to play with, and it is always nice to see brand new bright shiny macs lined up next to eachother. They should hand out bibs at the door. :p

katie ta achoo
Jun 3, 2005, 04:32 PM
Oh man... I need to get to the Chicago one.
It makes the Houston Galleria Apple store look like a dinky little Best Buy!

(OK, I'm kidding, I love Apple Houston!)

Is it just me, or are all Apple clerks so incredibly nice?
When I bought my wireless Keyboard and Mouse, the woman told me that I could come back with my brother and my brother's student ID to refund me the money from an EDU discount. I'd like to see that happen anywhere else!

*KT rolls into best buy*
"Hey, I bought a wireless keyboard and mouse a few days ago. Here's my brother. Here's his UNI ID. Give me $12 off"
best buy clerk: "Umm... What? I work in the car audio department... what's a keyboard? Blueteeth what?"

Plymouthbreezer
Jun 4, 2005, 09:32 AM
SoHo store rocks!

Chestnut Hill (outside of Boston, about a 40 min drive from my house) is small, but they still have awesome stuff.