Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lynkynpark86

macrumors 6502
Original poster
I'm looking for a way to automate mouse movements on the mac. I've tried a few python scripts, and they don't work for my purpose for some reason. If you know anything in python that works well, that'd be nice. I also can't use 'Watch me do' in automator (I don't have 'Assistive devices' enabled and can't enable it). Applescript would be nice, or any other relatively simple language (I've had no luck with python)

jared_kipe

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2003
Seattle
I don't know about anyone else, but the fact that you upfront tell us you cannot turn on Assistive Devices, makes it seem like you are up to something.

I can do it in Objective-C but I believe it does require Assistive Devices. Why not tell us what you are trying to do? and see if we believe you :p

lynkynpark86

macrumors 6502
Original poster
I don't know about anyone else, but the fact that you upfront tell us you cannot turn on Assistive Devices, makes it seem like you are up to something.

I can do it in Objective-C but I believe it does require Assistive Devices. Why not tell us what you are trying to do? and see if we believe you :p

I live in Maine, and they give all public school students there a free MacBook, but they don't trust us with admin passwords, even just on our own computers. I'm trying to automate a game (so I can't just do it through code), and Python mouse-automation scripts do move the mouse, but when they click, the game doesn't receive the memo.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.