PDA

View Full Version : Does your MBA have this screen issue ?

Aras87
Dec 14, 2011, 10:30 PM
Folks,

When I'm in a dark room, I see some cloud like backlight leakage at the bottom of my 13'' MBA's screen. It is not too bad but it is there when the room is dark and when my brightness is at 100%.

Here is pic of my screen at 100% brightness totally black background. I think my camera actually makes it look worse but anyways. Do you experience the same issue ?

$MacUser$
Dec 14, 2011, 10:53 PM
How long have you had it? Take it back to the Apple store for an exchange if it's in the window.

Looks like an unacceptable amount of bleed to me, but in all fairness I never have my LCDs at anywhere close to 100% brightness under any circumstances.

2IS
Dec 14, 2011, 11:07 PM
With an extrememly thin TN panel and a relativly bright backlight, I'm sure every single MBA will have backlight bleed, some more than others. That said, Is it worth the hassle of a return?

How much work/play do you plan on doing with the MBA in a completely dark room with brightness all the way up looking at a black background?

SDColorado
Dec 14, 2011, 11:11 PM
I took a photo of mine awhile back when someone else posted something similar. Camera's capture light, so they tend to really exaggerate the issue, at least that was the experience when I photographed mine. It looked far worse in the picture, than the issue really was. Setting it in a dark room, with a black background and brightness turned up to 100%, is going to result in some degree of that on the MBA. The photo is a poor indication of how bad the issue really is, so it is hard to gauge from that.

Aras87
Dec 14, 2011, 11:20 PM
I took a photo of mine awhile back when someone else posted something similar. Camera's capture light, so they tend to really exaggerate the issue, at least that was the experience when I photographed mine. It looked far worse in the picture, than the issue really was. Setting it in a dark room, with a black background and brightness turned up to 100%, is going to result in some degree of that on the MBA. The photo is a poor indication of how bad the issue really is, so it is hard to gauge from that.

I absolutely agree with you, camera really makes it look much worse. Still would you mind posting a picture of your MBA again ?

daonesteven
Dec 14, 2011, 11:22 PM
looks like mine has something similar too but i honestly didn't notice it until you pointed it out and I likely won't notice it for my uses.

Aras87
Dec 15, 2011, 12:13 PM
looks like mine has something similar too but i honestly didn't notice it until you pointed it out and I likely won't notice it for my uses.

thanks for the feedback!