Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mhadley

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 15, 2011
I did not find a solution to this issue in the first couple of pages of this forum, so please accept my apologies if it has already been answered (and please point me to the correct thread).

I have two iPads, with different names, both loaded with iOS 5.0.1. iTunes is loaded on a Windows PC running XP Professional.

I want some of my purchased apps on #1, some on #2 and a few on both. My understanding of the Apple rules of engagement is that this should be possible and legal.

Everything works perfectly with iPad #1.

For some reason, the second iPad does not have the App Store on it (this may be a clue to the larger problem below).

When I connect iPad #2 to iTunes, the Apps page is greyed out and I am unable to choose which apps to sync. I am also unable to click on the various app pages on the right side of the page.

There are no exceptions or parental controls activated in the iTune preferences.

One final clue to this problem is that some of the apps that I have purchased (using iPad#1) show on iPad#2 but under the icon instead of the app name is the word "Waiting..." Some apps have been "Waiting..." for several weeks and have never loaded.

Any suggestions will be appreciated, suggestions that solve the problem will be hugely appreciated.

Thank you,

Michael

ScottW1

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2010
NW Washington, USA
The "waiting" problem can be caused by a stuck iTunes download. Open the iTunes app, click "More" then "Downloads. If there are any downloads listed, delete them. (A stuck download here can block application download/install).

If that doesn't work, and a reboot doesn't solve it, then I think I would try a restore.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.