PDA

View Full Version : The #1 Game on iOS before Angry Birds

phySi0
Dec 16, 2011, 06:26 AM
Hey guys, I've been trying to Google this for the past couple of days now and no luck. I really want to remember what game was in the pole position before Angry Birds knocked it off its perch. I remember enjoying it more than Angry Birds and I'd like to know the game, so I can play it again.

Anyone have any idea?

neiltc13
Dec 16, 2011, 06:29 AM
Hey guys, I've been trying to Google this for the past couple of days now and no luck. I really want to remember what game was in the pole position before Angry Birds knocked it off its perch. I remember enjoying it more than Angry Birds and I'd like to know the game, so I can play it again.

Anyone have any idea?

Flight Control?

jav6454
Dec 16, 2011, 11:10 AM
Koi Pond

Liquorpuki
Dec 16, 2011, 11:42 AM
Angry Birds actually falls off the top spot a lot. Then the next holiday comes around and Rovio adds Chinese lanterns to the background and all the bored housewives fall for it

Far as other #1's I've seen:
Fieldrunners
Plants Vs Zombies
Spy Mouse (which is just EA reskinning Flight Control)
Battleheart
Infinity Blade 1 and 2
Cut the Rope
Minigore
Words w/ Friends
Fruit Ninja
Tiny Wings

mkrishnan
Dec 16, 2011, 12:16 PM
Angry Birds actually falls off the top spot a lot. Then the next holiday comes around and Rovio adds Chinese lanterns to the background and all the bored housewives fall for it

Pocket God is probably a good example of a game that got a very long period of extended buzz (thanks to the developer's persistent marketing and repeated free upgrades). I don't know if it held any kind of official top sales spot, but if you measure total buzz, I'd think it was up there.

phySi0
Dec 16, 2011, 04:39 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. But this game was before Angry Birds even hit the top spot for the first time. I think mkrishnan has it. It may have been Pocket God and I may be confusing #1 with "in the Top 25", but I'm not too sure.

JMies419
Feb 17, 2012, 04:55 PM
Plants Vs. Zombies or Fruit Ninja maybe? Both awesome games IMO.

Rodimus Prime
Feb 17, 2012, 05:13 PM
Doodle Jump was up there for a while

phySi0
Feb 17, 2012, 06:02 PM
Plants Vs. Zombies or Fruit Ninja maybe? Both awesome games IMO.

Did Fruit Ninja even exist when Angry Birds hit #1 for the first time?

Doodle Jump was up there for a while

I remember that, but it's not Doodle Jump. It doesn't matter anyway, I think I was probably thinking of Pocket God. Besides, I could just look through my "Purchased" list of apps. As long as you can organise by date, I can ascertain when Angry Birds hit the top spot (around the time I bought it) and find the game I bought just before it.

ChristianJapan
Feb 19, 2012, 01:39 AM
Tetris ?

ZenBound ?