Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thebignewt

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 10, 2011
2009 Macbook running 10.5.8. No access to the App Store with this. I bought Lion for my iMac and would like to get it onto the Macbook, but the site says the Macbook needs to be running a 10.6.x version to upgrade. Anyone know how I can upgrade the Macbook to Lion? Thanks for the help, I'm pretty new to Macs.

thebignewt

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 10, 2011
OK, the above post says that in order to install Lion on my Macbook running 1.5.x Leopard I must first upgrade to 10.6.x Snow Leopard. I get that. Where do I get a disc copy of Snow Leopard now? I'm sure plenty of people out there have a Macbook like mine from 2009. Thanks.

Joos24

macrumors regular
Nov 20, 2011
OK, the above post says that in order to install Lion on my Macbook running 1.5.x Leopard I must first upgrade to 10.6.x Snow Leopard. I get that. Where do I get a disc copy of Snow Leopard now? I'm sure plenty of people out there have a Macbook like mine from 2009. Thanks.

Sorry to sound harsh but you could've easily found Snow Leopard on the Apple online store. http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC573Z/A?fnode=MTY1NDAzOA

thebignewt

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 10, 2011
Yeah, I'm a bonehead sorry. When I read the thread that was posted one post said that Snow Leopard disappeared as soon as Lion came out, but that was probably just the download. I'll buy the disc for $30 and then download the Lion copy for free because I already bought that for the iMac. They kind of get you coming and going, but it's better than freaking MS. I had a similar thread on the Macbook forum and there was no joy there. Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.