Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

polbit

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 18, 2002
South Carolina
Was just wondering how it actually fits, feels, etc. The recent independent test got me thinking about it, but the price is a little steep...

iArch

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2008
All Over
I'm curious about this case, too. I travel extensively and need my iPad to stay reliably connected for work. Anything that helps in that regard, even slightly, is good. Ars Technica just did a review and Pong's claims (re: improved 3G signal strength compared to other cases) held up. It's the first I'd heard about the iPad having a proximity sensor. Wonder if other case makers are now going to start leaving that area exposed. Interesting stuff.

Ars Technica article.
Edit: Here's Pong's site.

Last edited:

Gottifour

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2011
I'm wondering about this case as well. I really like the multiple folding angles. Does anybody know if there are others on the market like this? I'm not as concerned with the rfi shielding as much as the multiple folding cover.

Thanks

mantic

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2007
AL
It looks interesting. However, i wonder if when folded back and against its self if the magnates in the cover put the ipad into sleep mode. If that's the case I would not be interested in that case @ $99

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.