Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

timotay89

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 20, 2011
My apple TV is running 4.2.1. Since the untethered jailbreak is coming soon, I was wondering if I'd be able to force that onto my Apple TV. I've downloaded the .ipsw file for it, but I don't want to do it if Apple forces me to update to 4.4.4. I want to be able to still jailbreak this thing. Will it let me just load on 4.4.3 since 4.4.4 has only been out for a day or so?

jmcgeejr

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2010
Seattle, WA
My apple TV is running 4.2.1. Since the untethered jailbreak is coming soon, I was wondering if I'd be able to force that onto my Apple TV. I've downloaded the .ipsw file for it, but I don't want to do it if Apple forces me to update to 4.4.4. I want to be able to still jailbreak this thing. Will it let me just load on 4.4.3 since 4.4.4 has only been out for a day or so?

If you don't have the blobs for your atv for 4.4.3 you won't be able to install it.

timotay89

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 20, 2011
Ok. I don't know if I do or not. What are blobs and how do I get them and save them? I've heard the term before, I just never understood what they were.

jmcgeejr

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2010
Seattle, WA
Ok. I don't know if I do or not. What are blobs and how do I get them and save them? I've heard the term before, I just never understood what they were.

If you dont know if you have them then you dont :). You would usually use tiny umbrella to save them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.