Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drambuie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 16, 2010
Lately, there seems to be a number of threads appearing that have started two, or more, years ago. Would it be possible to include the originating year and month beside the thread originator's "name" that's under the thread title?

This could reduce the number of old threads that are resurrected because readers don't notice the original posting dates. I know I've started reading ancient threads thinking they were current, only to discover that they were restarted by someone adding a post. It seems more readers get sucked in and add responses until someone finally notices the original date. I think that quite often, readers go straight to the last page of posts.

interrobang

macrumors 6502
May 25, 2011
It keeps coming up, because it's still a problem, and nothing gets done about it.

Everyone always says, "Yeah, but occasionally, it's for a good reason."

And every time, someone suggests putting up a warning message before old threads are re-opened. These people are then ignored, and the thread dies.

So, let me now suggest that we add the warning message, so that this suggestion thread too will die like the others.

[EDIT: Amazing how that works! :rolleyes:]

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.