PDA

View Full Version : Youtube Problems

blahblahblahbla
Dec 17, 2011, 02:49 PM
hello,
i registered today in order to find out if anyone else is having problems with youtube. i'm running the july 2011 mba 11' 4g/128g, it's amazing and i've been nothing but happy with it. yesterday though, suddenly, the computer will not load youtube videos. the strange part is, if i click on a link to a youtube video from say a blog or Facebook, it plays just fine. the problem occurs when i manually load youtube, then attempt to watch a video from the site. Any ideas? have tried restarting the computer, shutting down safari, etc. no new apps or software has been installed recently. my iPhone 4s using the same wifi connection plays youtube videos perfectly with no lag time. when on youtube if i click on a video i get a blacked out screen and pushing the play button does nothing. no page loading is going on so i feel it's not a connection issue.

jvmxtra
Dec 17, 2011, 03:22 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Had similar issue yesterday. I just used chrome and was all good. Will try later again using safari

adamtj11
Dec 17, 2011, 03:29 PM
hello,
i registered today in order to find out if anyone else is having problems with youtube. i'm running the july 2011 mba 11' 4g/128g, it's amazing and i've been nothing but happy with it. yesterday though, suddenly, the computer will not load youtube videos. the strange part is, if i click on a link to a youtube video from say a blog or Facebook, it plays just fine. the problem occurs when i manually load youtube, then attempt to watch a video from the site. Any ideas? have tried restarting the computer, shutting down safari, etc. no new apps or software has been installed recently. my iPhone 4s using the same wifi connection plays youtube videos perfectly with no lag time. when on youtube if i click on a video i get a blacked out screen and pushing the play button does nothing. no page loading is going on so i feel it's not a connection issue.

I had a similar problem last week, what fixed it for me was Safari> Reset Safari, Only thing is you lose all history but fixed youtube for me. Best of luck!

macdudesir
Dec 17, 2011, 04:09 PM
Same happened to me yesterday...I had to reset the router. Didnt like my imac at the time i guess. And try restarting your computer.