PDA

View Full Version : Bum battery?

tofagerl
Dec 17, 2011, 05:11 PM
I just ordered a new Air; got it on thursday and today (saturday night) it's showing 98% battery health. Obviously I'm not going to return it yet, but I do wonder if it's worth complaining to Apple if it keeps falling.

GGJstudios
Dec 17, 2011, 05:13 PM
I just ordered a new Air; got it on thursday and today (saturday night) it's showing 98% battery health. Obviously I'm not going to return it yet, but I do wonder if it's worth complaining to Apple if it keeps falling.
It's perfectly normal for the battery health to be less than 100% and to fluctuate up and down over time. It's nothing to worry about. This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:
Apple Notebook Battery FAQ (http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=9875442&postcount=23)

tofagerl
Dec 17, 2011, 05:30 PM
My last one started at 103 and never got below 100 before I sold it after 1.5 years use, so this is odd to me. Of course, if it should go to 95% after 1.5 years I really don't have reason to complain.

doktordoris
Dec 17, 2011, 06:09 PM
I bought an MBA yesterday and my battery says 102%, perhaps I have your missing 2% ;-)

Joking aside the numbers in my experience go up and down all the time. coconut et al are only guessing.