Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hamsterburger

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 28, 2007
Hi. I just bought a new MacBook Pro and set up my Gmail account on it. This seemed to work fine, except my sent emails do not show up on the new mac, just my inbox.

Could someone please help me with what is the best and easiest way to get all my sent e-mails in to my new Mac? Sorry if this specific question has been asked before, but I can’t seem to find he answer when searching, I am using a MacBook Pro 8.2 with Lion.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Go to your GMail account on the GMail web page and click help. There is a step by step tutorial there that will help you configure both GMail and the Lion Mail app for IMAP email.

hamsterburger

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 28, 2007
Thanks for the help guys.

What I ended up doing was just copying the 'com.apple.mail.plist' file from username/Library/Preferences, ('username' being the name of my home directory) to the same location on my new Mac, replacing the file already there. And then doing the same with the entire mail directory in /Users/username/Library/Mail.

The only complicated thing was I had to toggle my mac to show hidden files in the terminal.

Anyway, now my new machine has all the e-mail from my old machine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.