Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zsnake

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 18, 2011
I have songs on my I-pod that I do NOT have back-up for. I bought a new computer and forgot to transfer the songs from it to the new one. Now I want to ADD songs to the I-pod, but (I think I'm correct) when sync-ing, the I-tunes software deletes what is on it before adding new stuff.

Is there anyway to ADD songs to an existing I-pod memory with out deleting that memory?????

Thanks in advance for any help!

~<:Ssssssssssssnake/""

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
If they were bought songs, you can transfer them by right-clicking on the device in iTunes and choosing "Transfer Purchases". This only works on iTunes purchases and the computer must be authorized.

Zsnake

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 18, 2011
chrf097

I appreciate that. I have done so, but it's the downloads I made to my (now extinct) old computer that I am concerned about.

Thanks again!

~<:Ssssssssssssnake/""

Zsnake

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 18, 2011
Thanks ever so much, likethesoup2! I never remember that one can do a search like that.

I downloaded a program and now everything I have sits in I-Tunes. All I have to do is sync it and Im back in business.

Kudos to you.

~<:Sssssssssssssnake/""

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.