PDA

View Full Version : Let the WWDC '05 Speculations Begin!

Aldaris
May 30, 2005, 03:43 AM
Okay I'm not going to bore the community with tales of PowerBook G5's (let's just say they will release it when we least expect it...) any way wasn't there something in the new Mac DVD Player App that supported a sound combination of 24.1 Speaker system... Hmmmm Unless anyone has 24 speakers plus a sub hooked up to their PowerMac's I'd like to throw out the idea (and hope) that Apple will release a HomeMac, that is similar to the MacMini for the exception of being more expandable/upgradeable, built in Apple DVR Support, AirPort Extreme of course, and Storage up to 500GB-starting at 250GB with other Networking options, 8x Superdrive in addition to FinalCut Express Standard- Okay maybe I'm dreaming but wouldn't we all like to see one of those sitting next to our 100" Home Cinema set-ups

Now since the Mac/Apple Rumors have been dead for a few weeks, lets start the tempting thoughts-

One Sidenote on this post- we all want a PBG5 But let's not get our hopes up... it was old last year... GET OFF THE POWERBOOK G5 HORSE AND SAVE IT- Thanks

iSwift
May 30, 2005, 04:08 AM
I am just going to wait and see what they release, hopefully some pretty cool stuff.

And there is already a "new" thread started about PB G5's, so yeah, let's not turn THIS, into THAT.

You're all smarter than me, think of cool stuff they could release.

Abstract
May 30, 2005, 04:17 AM
Wow, its not like we have another thread just like this in this forum already or anything. [/sarcasm]

timmyb
May 30, 2005, 04:18 AM
Look here (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=129307), there is a pretty indepth prediction thread.

law guy
May 30, 2005, 01:30 PM
Wow, its not like we have another thread just like this in this forum already or anything. [/sarcasm]

I know searches don't always reveal the existing threads, but this one was within the top few of this Hardware forum:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=129162

Then there's the new one tacked on to Arn's message (which didn't start out as a prediction thread, but just went that way so no hard time for Arn repeating)

GFLPraxis
May 30, 2005, 02:01 PM
My main predictions:

1) Single core e600 G4 in an iBook at 1.33-1.5 GHz. The 1.5 GHz e600 runs at 10w btw.
2) Possibly the dual core e600 G5 in a PowerBook at dual 1.0 or higher (dual 1.5 runs at 25w, it scales to 2 GHz).
3) A high end PowerMac with quad processors or dual dual core. $3500 or $4000.

zap2
May 30, 2005, 02:06 PM
ebook 699, 1ghz and 1.2ghz laptop 11'' and 13''
iBook update to 1.33 and 1.42
iPod photo become ipod( only color screen ipods)
iTunes becomes pay per month and u can still buy songs
other small things

russed
May 30, 2005, 03:04 PM
despite your best efforts this is still yet another powerbook G5 thread!

so, move along! nothing to see here!