Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

81Tiger04

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 11, 2009
SC
Hello all ... I hooked up my ATV2 as follows:

ATV2 > AV Receiver > TV

All were used via HDMI cable. Video is fine. However, I am not receiving any audio? Is there a setting in ATV that I am missing? Has anyone else had this issue?

murph1134

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2011

ATV2 > AV Receiver > TV

All were used via HDMI cable. Video is fine. However, I am not receiving any audio? Is there a setting in ATV that I am missing? Has anyone else had this issue?

What do you use for encoding video? Also, what do you use to tag your videos (assuming you do tag them)?

Also, are you trying to play audio in regular stereo or 5.1?

ajohansson

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2011

ATV2 > AV Receiver > TV

no audio from TV or receiver? What model receiver?

AJ

damir00

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2011
I am finding all kinds of Netflix movies that have the soundtrack, but no audio. Only on ATV - same movie on Netflix-PS3 works as expected.

Don't know if that's related to your issue...

81Tiger04

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 11, 2009
SC
Hey guys! Thank you for all of the replies ... Guess what? I figured out the issue all on my own. It had to do with the surround sound settings on the AV. I did a little playing around with it and kind of figured it out on accident. Ha ha ...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.