Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

berkleeboy210

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 2, 2004
Boston, Massachusetts
Hi Guys, I have a 12" PowerBook 1.33ghz and recently been having a problem with my Airport Extreme Card.

I have my home network all set up, other laptops in the house can recognize but this one can't. You Can see it in the drop down menu, but when you click on it, it says that there was error joining the selected network. All of the other laptops in the house are connected fine to this network, and the main computer is working fine. It's just that I'm not able to establish a connection with my PowerBook. I'm forced to join other ppl's networks in the neighborhood and my connection drops out every 2 minutes. Really Aggravating.

If anyone has any suggestions that'd be great!

I have a Westell Router/Modem that was given to me by Verizon for the DSL Install.

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
I had the same problem. You need a replacement, as this fixed my problem easily. The modem/router in one is really a piece of crap. Call Verizon, tell them your modem is keeps having red lights flashing on it every 10 minutes and then comes back on. They'll then ask you if you want a replacement. Say yes, but you would prefer a Westell 2200 (modem by itself) and then go buy a Linksys WRT54G.

Again, there are so many problems with the Modem and router in one. Once you get your Modem and Router seperate, head on down to http://dslreports/com's forum and ask (or search) on how to set it up so the router does the PPPoE and the modem is in bridge with no DHCP.

DSL is very complicated, and luckily I have switched to Road Runner cable which has much fewer problems.

Feel free to ask me anything else about Verizon DSL....lol.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.