Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RapsacDK

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 27, 2010
Copenhagen, Denmark
Hello,

I've started the naive quest it is, to get something Microsoft has made to work on my MacBook Pro. I'm trying to install Windows 7 through Boot Camp.

Of course, something fails. I get an error while installing Windows. This window pops up after the screen where it copies all the files from the install DVD.

6537287209_0c160515cb.jpg

This is Danish and translated to English it says: "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click "OK" to restart the computer, and then restart the installation."

Now. If I press "OK" it will reboot, load the Windows installation and send me to the exact same situation again -- it's an evil cycle.

Any thoughts? If not how to install Windows, then at least how to abandon this cycle so I can use my MacBook again.

Why this might have happened? I've changed my internal DVD drive with an SSD (onto which I'm installing.. it is partitioned into a 95gb mac os x partition and now a 20 gb windows partition), so I'm being forced into using an HP external DVD drive (through USB), which might not have been loaded at the point this popup occurs? I don't know. Could be a guess, though. The same error pops up if I remove the drive completely.

Last edited:

wpotere

Oct 7, 2010
oh, i'm sorry i can't help you with Windows 7, i'm just writing to say that i think either Windows 7 is slow or me :D I don't like it, even though I use it (i kinda have to, i don't know how to install Windows xp). Why don't you use Windows XP? I hear it is bettter that any other version of Windows (considering all parameters but the time of turning off, but i can't prove it - it's what i heard)

Pointless post... :rolleyes: Win 7 is way better than XP.

As for problem, +1 on the localized issue. I saw this with a German version once.

RapsacDK

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 27, 2010
Copenhagen, Denmark
Hi guys. I'll check up on that, thanks. I worked my way out of the cycle by:

1. Inserting my Snow Leopard disk into the DVD
2. Hold C after the start up tone to boot from disk
3. Begin installation of Snow Leopard
4. When top bar appear, go to one of the sections and select "Start disk"
5. Select partition with Mac OS X
6. Reboot
7. Enjoy Lion :)

If anybody else ever ends up in a situation similar to me, you can do the above.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.