Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Obioban

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 19, 2011
I was one of the people that signed up for iTunes match on the first day. Been very happy with the service, it matched 80% of my 10,000 songs and I've upgraded all of the matched songs to 256kbps DRM free goodness.

Sadly, that still leaves 2000 songs as "Uploaded"... and most of them are 128kbps or 160kbps, some with DRM (ITMS).

Since the initial release of iTunes match, a new version of iTunes has come out that's supposedly better at matching. Is there any way to force iTunes to rescan my "uploaded" content? I'd love to get the rest of it upgraded to 256kbps DRM free... or at least more of it. The difference in sound quality is significant enough that I notice when lower bitrate file comes on :(

Thanks!

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
...Since the initial release of iTunes match, a new version of iTunes has come out that's supposedly better at matching. Is there any way to force iTunes to rescan my "uploaded" content? I'd love to get the rest of it upgraded to 256kbps DRM free... or at least more of it. The difference in sound quality is significant enough that I notice when lower bitrate file comes on :(

Thanks!

Convoluted but you could delete from iTunes & iCloud then re-add the songs to iTunes.

Obioban

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 19, 2011
Convoluted but you could delete from iTunes & iCloud then re-add the songs to iTunes.

I believe that would cost me non ID3 based information that I can't afford to lose-- ratings, play counts, skip counts, etc.

(can't lose them as my smart playlists are based upon them)

BillyBobBongo

macrumors 68030
Jun 21, 2007
On The Interweb Thingy!
I have a feeling that it updates itself. I created a smart playlist with all items that were uploaded instead of being matched. There were 471 items in it when i made it on the weekend. Today there are 453 items.

You could also try updating iTunes Match through the main menu

Store --> Update iTunes Match

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.