Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iCaleb

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 26, 2010
USA
When installing an app on my iphone for the first time all I get is a plain grey icon with a loading bar.

Now normally when installing an app for the first time you should get a dimmed picture of the app your installing with a loading bar.

So basically if I download an angry birds app for the first time....While waiting for it to install all I get is a blank grey icon instead of a picture of a bird.

After an app installs the icon shows up just fine though.

Its just when its installing where the icon doesn't show up.

This grey installing icon problem started after I changed my Apple ID password.

I have tried rebooting my iphone 4S but its still having the same problem.

Would a restore fix this issue?

I hope somebody can help me. :(

RossMc

macrumors 65816
Apr 30, 2010
Newcastle, UK
The same thing happens to me on my iPhone. It started after I done a restore the other day... It's fine on my iPad though so I don't think it's anything to do with Apple ID?

BlackTofu

macrumors member
Dec 15, 2011
I think it just needs much more time to install, and after install, everything will be OK.

thepyro395

macrumors member
Sep 5, 2010
Arkansas
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I'm having the same issue. I've also notice that in the app store the button for the price takes for every to show up when purchasing an app. Then when it shows up and you touch it the next button takes forever to show up as did the first one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.