Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

teekee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 20, 2011
Hi, I just bought a new iMac and love it but now I'm looking to play a few games with it. Can you tell me what is the best controller to get for it? I've heard PS3 and XBox usb controllers do fine. Also, can you suggest a few great games that are must haves? Someone told me Mac gaming sucks, I hope its not true! Thanks... Tony

wpotere

Oct 7, 2010
Hi, I just bought a new iMac and love it but now I'm looking to play a few games with it. Can you tell me what is the best controller to get for it? I've heard PS3 and XBox usb controllers do fine. Also, can you suggest a few great games that are must haves? Someone told me Mac gaming sucks, I hope its not true! Thanks... Tony

Sucks? Not that bad but Mac is certainly not known for gaming. If you wanted a gaming rig, you really should have gone with a windows machine. The rest is choice based on your taste. I use a mouse and keyboard for gaming, not a controller as I don't like the response or feel. Games are also a personal choice.

gregmartin64

macrumors newbie
Dec 20, 2011
Manchester

Both Call of Duty 1 and 2 are excellent :) Modern Warfare needs specific hardware though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.