PDA

View Full Version : User Account Removal

ipanacea
Dec 20, 2011, 10:04 AM
Ok, so I've been looking all over the place for how exactly to do this and I've become so bombarded with information I finally decided I'll pose the question here. I'm not a programmer or anything that hardcore, but if I see things already implemented and working examples I can easily learn and modify them to suit my needs. That being said I have been trying to find the step by step or close to for creating a couple login/logout hooks. And now I'm also reading I should create a launchd job instead and am just beginning to look into that option since it's more secure.

I'm in a mixed 10.6 / 10.7 environment with all moving to 10.7 hopefully soon here in a university environment and manage all the workstations we have in our building. Users log in with their AD accounts and user folders are created locally and pulled from the default new user template that I've modified to suit our environment.

The two (or maybe one?) scripts I need are to do a couple things then. First, I'd like to erase each user account on logout so the user folders don't pile up in the User directory. And then second, I'm thinking I'll also need a login script to put my Admin account folder back each time from a template or something as it too will get erased from the logout script.

Thanks for any help in advance.

robvas
Dec 21, 2011, 03:20 PM
Research 'dscl'

http://osxdaily.com/2007/10/29/how-to-add-a-user-from-the-os-x-command-line-works-with-leopard/