Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

summitRun

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 28, 2011
Could someone be so kind to tell me whats going on here? Inserted a brand new 32 GB USB flash drive (left side) on battery power and got this error message. Now I cant get the drive inserted at all without that same error coming up and it feels like something is now blocking it from being inserted all the way in :confused:

It works fine on the right side and shows up in disk utility but the activity light on the drive doesnt blink when accessing/ejecting. Thanks much...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-12-20 at 4.17.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-12-20 at 4.17.00 PM.png
    43.8 KB · Views: 104

Mandrel

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2011
I had this same problem, also with the left side USB port. Turns out the pins on the port were bent and not assembled correctly. Shine a flashlight in the port and take a look. Luckily I discovered the issue early enough, and was able to simply swap it for a completely new machine rather than deal with having it serviced.

musica3173

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2011
I have a same problem, but mine even worse cuz mine is both of the USB ports. Went to Apple store, UK and they are going to charge me for 400 pounds. :( SAD!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.