Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Diogones

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 23, 2009
I have recently removed the files from my old 2000 PC laptop, and switched to a MBP. One of the games that I really enjoyed from the PC laptop, and that I still have a copy of, is Taco Bell's old game Taco Maker Marathon. Naturally, I'm hoping to find a way to run it on my Mac.

I've checked online, but I haven't found a Mac version or Mac port. I tried using DOSBox, but apparently it is not a DOS game, so it wouldn't run it. I tried running Wine with Macports, but no dice. I did have some luck with Wine and WineBottler, but the game has a technicolor display (the colors aren't right) and it won't close unless I Command-Tab out of it. If I change the resolution, the result is still the same.

Will I have to install Windows XP in VirtualBox, and run the game from within the virtualized Windows? Or has anyone else got it working for their Mac? I know it's a long shot, since it is at least a 10 year old game. Any advice would be appreciated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.