Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zimbo-marcus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Hi

I hope someone can help me. My directors have just bought the new 13" MacBook Air, 256GB SSD, i5 Processor, 4GB RAM.

I have installed windows via Boot camp for their work purposes as they will use the Mac OS for their personal use. Everything seems to work seamlessly apart from when I try connect the machine to certain TVs/external monitors/screens. We have a 50" Samsung TV that we use in our conference room and I cannot get the screen to either duplicate or extend to this screen. It does not seem to pick it up automatically which it should do.

I am guessing there is an issue with the driver on 32 bit machines as I have seen on other forums that people running 64 bit windows don't seem to have this issue on the MacBook Air.

Does anyone have the same issue or a work around other than RDPing or VNCing to the machine from another machine as they travel a lot so this is only a local temporary solution which I don't like.

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.