Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Defcon One

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 28, 2011
Does anyone make a battery case for the iPad 2 where you can use the iPad while it's in it AND doesn't require the iPad cable (i.e. the iPad plugs into it, a la an iPhone with a Mophie Juice Pack Air). Does this exist?

poloponies

Suspended
May 3, 2010
Because the perfect iPad needs to be a pound heavier?

Kensington sold one for the original iPad but I'm guessing it didn't sell very well (they never released one for the iPad 2). The current system of plug-in batteries seems to be the answer for most users as opposed to bulking up the iPad itself. I have a Joos solar batter that's about the size of the iPad. When I'm in a situation where I won't be near power for a while the iPad gets charged in my bag when it's not being used. That way I'm still carrying and using the light(er)weight iPad when I need it and charge it when I don't.

poloponies

Suspended
May 3, 2010
battery case, what's that?:confused:

A case with an integrated rechargeable battery that adds extra life to the device. Makes some sense for a phone where a few extra ounces is a decent trade-off for longer usage. The iPad version adds serious weight (the Kensington weighed one pound) to a heavier device so it's not very desirable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.