Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davidlv

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 5, 2009
Kyoto, Japan
Why hasn't the webmaster fixed the title? :eek: It is the only forum, actually sub-forum, that doesn't use all initial caps, and it catches my eye unnecessarily every time before I click the button. Or is this a sly trick or comment on the size of the smallest Mac desktop? :rolleyes:
"Mac mini" -->> "Mac Mini" please.

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2010
Why hasn't the webmaster fixed the title? :eek: It is the only forum, actually sub-forum, that doesn't use all initial caps, and it catches my eye unnecessarily every time before I click the button. Or is this a sly trick or comment on the size of the smallest Mac desktop? :rolleyes:

I don't think its meant as a discrimination of the smallest mac desktop... but rather as apple markets it with a small m in mini so why should the forum change it?

0dev

macrumors 68040
Dec 22, 2009
The real trouble is with the name of the site itself, which has been missing a "u" ever since its inception ;)

warvanov

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2011
It is the only forum, actually sub-forum, that doesn't use all initial caps,

WRONG.

See iOS 5, iPhone, iPod touch, iPad forums and subforums. MacRumors forums conform to the standard Apple marketing names for their products. A "Mac Mini" forum would offend Apple fanatics as much as an "Iphone" or "iTouch" forum would.

Sorry.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Or is this a sly trick or comment on the size of the smallest Mac desktop? :rolleyes:
It's a sly trick by Apple: http://www.apple.com/macmini/
ScreenCap 36.PNG

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
WRONG.

See iOS 5, iPhone, iPod touch, iPad forums and subforums. MacRumors forums conform to the standard Apple marketing names for their products. A "Mac Mini" forum would offend Apple fanatics as much as an "Iphone" or "iTouch" forum would.

Sorry.

Correct. I complained when they created an 'iPod Touch" forum. Apple doesn't use a capital T.

davidlv

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 5, 2009
Kyoto, Japan
Yup, a quick trip to the Apple website will answer this
The "m" is definitely not capitalized
So, that is a simple answer. :cool:
However, open the Mac mini forum, then look up to the top left under the Threads and down ... There are two "Mac Mini" instances, so the forum has no consistency ...:D If we are following Apple's lead here, it should be universal.
Ah, such nitpicking, and I started it myself.:eek: (somebody erase this thread!):eek:

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
(somebody erase this thread!):eek:
No kidding! What a ridiculous thing to be obsessed about! While you're reading so carefully, try reading the Forum Rules, keeping in mind that the Guides you speak about are written by posters:
Corrections. There is no need to point out another poster's spelling or grammatical errors unless you think it is causing confusion. Remember that not all members are native English speakers. Communication, not correctness, is our goal. Examples: Don't correct members who spell Mac in all caps or who call the iPod touch an iTouch. When other people (especially new members) fail to search and start new threads on old topics, don't scold them or make them feel unwelcome. The best way to be helpful is by posting a link to a relevant thread or specific instructions for problem solving. Set a good example yourself by searching first before starting a thread if you have a question that may already have been answered in the forums or you want to discuss a topic that may already have been discussed.

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
It's been stated in here, but Apple uses a lowercase "m" in the Mac mini marketing.

29e0vue.png

Same thing for when they had the iPod mini

Mini-iPod-bleu.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.