Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pez555

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 18, 2010
This is a short review of a case I recently purchased from eBay. It's called ThinEdge Bumper and is made by CAZE (whoever that is!).

Basically it is a super slim bumper that fits around the antenna of the iPhone, and clips on with what i can only describe as a Lego type connection at the top right hand side of the case. It is advertised as only being 1mm thick, thus adding only 1mm to the sides of the phone when it is fitted.

The case is made of a sort of matte plastic, almost rubber like but it is very flexible and doesn't 'feel' like rubber.

The fit is great, nice and snug and doesn't compromise the form factor or add much bulk to the phone. It also sports a lay on the table design so im guessing it provides a bit of protection if you were to drop it.

The only problem i am having with this case so far is that it is starting to create air bubbles around the edge of my screen protector. The back protector is fine however the front i am having a few problems. I think it is because my screen protector isnt applied perfectly so i will be readjusting it later and will let you know the results.

Other than that i am impressed with this caze, i was a massive fan of the Vapor Pro cases however have recently gone off them as in my opinion they add too much bulk to the phone. I was shopping for a slim bumper and i think i have found the solution...

Anyway here are some pics:

1af28c79.jpg

751aa911.jpg

6d6d5e00.jpg

cf0cd645.jpg

90bd14aa.jpg

The case also comes with an extra opening at the bottom for a lanyard.

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
I've reviewed this case and the fit is great. Screen protectors gotta be dead on though in order to have no bubbles. It does work though.

Only thing that stops me from using this case daily is the HORRIBLE sleep/wake button area, which is just a pain to use.

jterp7

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2011
I've reviewed this case and the fit is great. Screen protectors gotta be dead on though in order to have no bubbles. It does work though.

Only thing that stops me from using this case daily is the HORRIBLE sleep/wake button area, which is just a pain to use.

whatever happened to the metallic cases that were supposed to come in

indyzzzz

macrumors 6502
Nov 14, 2010
This is now my favorite case along with the Magpul case. I like the lip that it provides front and back.

Pez555

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 18, 2010

yep i agree, it is a pain to press. Also i have managed to fit the screen protector perfectly, thank god. No bubbles now. i am using an SGP ultra crystal for reference - it fits fine.

This is now my favorite case along with the Magpul case. I like the lip that it provides front and back.

Yep same, this case adds minimal bulk and that was why i wanted to buy it, plus it looks cool too.

mbh87

macrumors member
Nov 10, 2011
Seeing this really makes me wish mine didnt get thrown away. Had them a couple days and one of my family members tossed them when they were over for Thanksgiving :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.