Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ajo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 28, 2006
As there are mixed views on some cases which do or don't have flash issues, I was thinking could it perhaps be the white iPhone which this happens on more?

ecwhite4S

macrumors 6502
Dec 17, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
My friends white 4 (with black case) seems to have weird issues with the camera under dark lighting with flash. My white 4S (with black case) seems to take perfect pictures in any lighting.

Supposedly the black iPhone takes better pics in the dark with flash. I guess the white phone has light leaks, and the white glass reflects the flash causing a haziness (makes sense). But like I said, my white 4S seems to take really good pics, so I dont know.

Last edited:

ajo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 28, 2006
Can you elaborate on these "flash issues" ?

Just based on some reviews that I have seen on youtube and also read on these forums. Some say that with the flash and case on some pictures are a little washed out.

ecwhite4S

macrumors 6502
Dec 17, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Not really. How exactly can the white glass reflect light from the flash into the lens? The angles required make no sense.

I dont know, Google it. There are a bunch of speculations about it.

When I said reflect, it was probably an inaccurate statement. But there was something about the white version having light leaks. Isn't that one of the reasons why Apple halted the white iPhone because of the camera quality/light leaks from the white glass? But yea don't trust me to really give you the most accurate information about it, just look it up..

http://www.itechtrek.com/index.php/white-iphone-4-release-halted-for-camera-issues

Last edited:

indyzzzz

macrumors 6502
Nov 14, 2010
Just bought and installed a white replacement back for my black iPhone 4. Have no flash issues whatsoever.....the only time I had issues was when I replaced with a silver back that had the flash diffuser missing.

miss.manson

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2011
Georgia
I dont know, Google it. There are a bunch of speculations about it.

When I said reflect, it was probably an inaccurate statement. But there was something about the white version having light leaks. Isn't that one of the reasons why Apple halted the white iPhone because of the camera quality/light leaks from the white glass? But yea don't trust me to really give you the most accurate information about it, just look it up..

http://www.itechtrek.com/index.php/white-iphone-4-release-halted-for-camera-issues

I do believe that was just for the just released white iphone 4's and I think the problem has been resolved. I have a white iphone 4s and it takes beautiful pictures with the flash except I have to take my case off cause it interferes with the flash.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.