PDA

View Full Version : ISO: The perfect case...

BaseballMama
Dec 22, 2011, 03:46 PM
Unexpectedly got an iPad2 last weekend and am now on the hunt for the perfect case. I ordered the Switcheasy Canvas just to have something to protect it, but I don't like it at all. I've read pages and pages of reviews and now I'm all confused! I think I've narrowed it down to the Portenzo, P&Q Octavo or the Treegloo. Can someone give me a comparison of the 3? Is one noticeably thinner or lighter than the others? What about the white leather on the Portenzo and Treegloo - is it hard to keep clean? I'm drawn to the white because my iPad is white but I'm worried that it will look dingy in no time. Is there another similar case out there that I'm missing?

Thanks for your help!

jsh1120
Dec 22, 2011, 06:12 PM
Is white leather difficult to keep clean? For everyone but cows, yes.

glen e
Dec 22, 2011, 06:26 PM
I have all three and the P&Q is the best quality. That being said, all the plywood frames comes loose after a few months use, esp if you take them in and out.

Look elsewhere... or at a fieldfolio with a plastivc frame if you like the bookcase type case.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/gersly123/966f9e27.jpg

BaseballMama
Dec 22, 2011, 06:45 PM
Look elsewhere... or at a fieldfolio with a plastivc frame if you like the bookcase type case.

Can you give me a specific name?

glen e
Dec 22, 2011, 07:03 PM
I did

Fieldfolio

BaseballMama
Dec 22, 2011, 08:37 PM
I did

Fieldfolio

Sorry, my mistake.

BaseballMama
Dec 23, 2011, 10:10 AM
The latch on my Switcheasy Canvas is very hard to close - I can't do it one-handed. Other than that I like the case and I like having the stand options although in an ideal world I would wish that it was a little thinner. I'm considering the Switcheasy Cara now but think I will miss not having the stand options, although I've only had my iPad for less than a week now so I'm not even sure how much I would use it with the stand (I do know that I will be using it as a reader a lot and I find that the Canvas is a little bulkier than I'm used to with my nook).

I'm considering ordering both the Canvas & the Cara directly from Switcheasy (I ordered my first Canvas from Amazon) and then comparing them and possibly returning one. How friendly is Switcheasy's return policy?

Geez, I don't think I put this much research into the last car I bought!

----------

I should add that I do have two children (ages 5 & 7) who will be using my iPad, and while they are pretty good about being careful with my iPhone, they are kids and so I definitely need some good protection. I will primarily be carrying it in my purse, so not thrown around but thinness and lightness are a priority (although not as much as protection).