Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jmine83

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 9, 2011
I am very much in need of an iPhone app that will automatically answer phone calls from specific, user programmed phone numbers and then automatically play a specific recorded message back to the caller, and then automatically hang up. I tried searching the App Store, but I didn't see any such app that can do this. There is, however, one that was recently released earlier this month called Call Avoider Pro. However, it can't perform the call procedure as I have described "automatically" without having to bother the user to do anything. All the user should have to do, is enter in phone numbers into the app and specify an audio recording to play back to that caller.

My reasons for wanting such an app are pretty much for the same reasons as being advertised by the makers of Call Avoider Pro. I need unwanted callers to think that the phone number they are dialing is a disconnected number or some other automated operator response.

If a developer reading this thinks they could produce such an app, let's just say I and probably lots of other iPhone users would be extremely grateful. Let us know.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.