Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ashwood11

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2010
US
lol. two dollars to help me clean my screen? only if you come over and do it for me. i think i will stick to turning off the ipad and cleaning the clearly visible smudges and so forth.

Have you asked the developer if they do come over and clean your screen?

Dock Status

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 26, 2011
You might be very surprised ..

Always keep an open mind to new ideas. Have some trust they also built Contact Book and Login Hd.

Yeah..I'm not paying for that. I usually wipe my iPad's screen anyway regardless of how dirty it is.

palpatine

macrumors 68040
May 3, 2011
Always keep an open mind to new ideas. Have some trust they also built Contact Book and Login Hd.

normally i don't give apps or developers trouble on the forums, because i appreciate their effort and innovation, but i have to call this one like i see it: CRAP. it's not even the equivalent of an app that produces fart noises.

if it were free i might not even bother saying anything, but two dollars? whatever. frankly, i find most of the software they churn out to be just a tiny bit above useless. the "exit" app? it replicates functionality already found in the mac. give me a break.

obviously the developers have skills, and have invested their time, but for some reason they lack vision. it is kind of sad really, and a true waste of talent. i think you (dock status) are one of the developers.

please spend your time building better software that meets real life needs. i'd love to pay you for an app like that.

iDuel

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2011
Greece/USA

Your application already serves a function which can be utilized for free by simply regularly cleaning the screen or turning the iPad off and putting the screen in the light.

After looking at the reviews for your other apps I saw that a good chunk of the reviews were negative. I think you need to better utilize your skills as a developer.

Dock Status

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 26, 2011
You guys are kidding right?

http://www.iLifeTouch.com is a tiny development company based on the outskirts of Calcutta. We occasionally have electricity (we finally made enough money to buy a back up generator). We have a work ethic that should make everyone who is whining here shake in their boots.

IOS and OSX is completely new to us and we had to learn everything from scratch. We currently have the most apps on the Mac Store. After the store opens again we will have well over 50 apps on the Mac platform alone.

Our latest releases called Login HD and HD Wallpaper (not live yet) will give you a small indication of how rapid our learning curve has progressed.

Apps like Clean Your Screen are very risky to produce because too many narrow minded people exist that instantly dismiss a creative thought process. We are doing massive amounts of work already on improving this app and we had a major break through using the same technology insects use to see colour. We have always updated our apps and we are listening to all our customers suggestions and wishes.

The world is an amazing place for those willing enough to embrace the unknown. Instantly dismissing possibilities and concepts isn't an option for our team we only ever see potential. We love what we do and our passion and youth are giving us the chance to dig ourselves out of our miserable surroundings.

palpatine

macrumors 68040
May 3, 2011
http://www.iLifeTouch.com is a tiny development company based on the outskirts of Calcutta. We occasionally have electricity (we finally made enough money to buy a back up generator). We have a work ethic that should make everyone who is whining here shake in their boots.

IOS and OSX is completely new to us and we had to learn everything from scratch. We currently have the most apps on the Mac Store. After the store opens again we will have well over 50 apps on the Mac platform alone.

Our latest releases called Login HD and HD Wallpaper (not live yet) will give you a small indication of how rapid our learning curve has progressed.

Apps like Clean Your Screen are very risky to produce because too many narrow minded people exist that instantly dismiss a creative thought process. We are doing massive amounts of work already on improving this app and we had a major break through using the same technology insects use to see colour. We have always updated our apps and we are listening to all our customers suggestions and wishes.

The world is an amazing place for those willing enough to embrace the unknown. Instantly dismissing possibilities and concepts isn't an option for our team we only ever see potential. We love what we do and our passion and youth are giving us the chance to dig ourselves out of our miserable surroundings.

great. i commend you for your work ethic and effort, as i basically already did before. that's not the point. make an app that meets my needs (and the needs of others). one good app will be much more appreciated than fifty useless ones.

i can clean my screen perfectly well without a two dollar app, and no amount of insect-eye technology will help me do a better job. sorry.

iDuel

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2011
Greece/USA
great. i commend you for your work ethic and effort, as i basically already did before. that's not the point. make an app that meets my needs (and the needs of others). one good app will be much more appreciated than fifty useless ones.

i can clean my screen perfectly well without a two dollar app, and no amount of insect-eye technology will help me do a better job. sorry.

Very well said,Palpatine. That is basically what we are all trying to say, Dock Status

Last edited:

GaresTaylan

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2009

Not buying your stuff just because of this condescending post.

Dock Status

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 26, 2011
Condescending?

Who is being condescending? You guys haven't even bought a single app of ours and making judgments on the quality of our product? How does that work? No matter what is said here this will turn into a flame war. You guys can start a battle here and you have nothing too lose. I do so my comments stop here.

I know I am defeated so i retreat. Thanks for the comments.

Not buying your stuff just because of this condescending post.

iDuel

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2011
Greece/USA
Who is being condescending?

I know I am defeated so i retreat. Thanks for the comments.

You are. Have you read your previous posts? You called us "narrow minded" for not taking interest in your applications.

As a developer, you should be listening and "keeping an open mind" to what your customers are telling you.

roxxette

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2011
Keep the good work and follow your dreams , dont mind the others.

Like brother Muhammad said "if you not brave enough to take risks, then you wont accomplish anything in your life" .

SSpiro

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Why not hand this app out as a free one, to create brand awareness? To drive traffic to your more "income generating" apps?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.