Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stinga2114

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 23, 2011
Okay, I have the IPod Touch 30GB first gen with the O.S. software version 3.1.3.

Recently, many of the apps have decided to no longer work. What happens is simple really:
1.I touch to open an application and it acts like it load, for example the AP news ap, it will show the load screen for a moment and then close the program entirely instantly. This happens to all third party apps.

2.I have tried to restore the Ipod, that did not fix the issue.

Solutions other than buying a new iPod Touch???

Oh one more thing: I have never tried to jail break I believe is the term, the ipod touch I own.

Last edited:

Stinga2114

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 23, 2011
Okay, just got done trying DFU mode. Then tried a third party app and again, the same problem is in place.

Next idea/suggestion? Thanks again for the help.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

What version of ios are u running?

Sorry missed the 3.1.

Most apps won't work with 3.1 if they have been updated to support ios5

Firestar

macrumors 68020
Sep 30, 2010
221B Baker Street.
Tried that already, didn't work/fix the issue rather.

And as stated before to the person below you: I have the IPod Touch 30GB first gen with the O.S. software version 3.1.3.
Sorry. The only thing I can think of is to restore from new, but then you would lose all your save data on your apps, and have to sync everything again. You might try that as a last resort, because someone else might have more viable options.

Stinga2114

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 23, 2011
Sorry. The only thing I can think of is to restore from new, but then you would lose all your save data on your apps, and have to sync everything again. You might try that as a last resort, because someone else might have more viable options.

Okay...How do I do that? I don't care about losing stuff at all.

http://www.tuaw.com/2011/12/20/ios-3-1-3-iphone-ipod-touch-users-cant-download-new-apps-from-t/

^is that maybe why I'm having issues?

----------

Okay...How do I do that? I don't care about losing stuff at all.

http://www.tuaw.com/2011/12/20/ios-3-1-3-iphone-ipod-touch-users-cant-download-new-apps-from-t/

^is that maybe why I'm having issues?

Ooops, just realized I tried that earlier, I'm doing it again anyway to give it another go. We'll see =D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.