PDA

View Full Version : iPod Earbuds Sound Quality?

Merkava_4
Dec 24, 2011, 12:21 AM
Is the sound quality any good, or have you all replaced
them with aftermarket inner-ear earbuds?

I've never used an iPod, but the sound quality of some
Bose headphones plugged into my MBP is excellent. :)

blackburn
Dec 24, 2011, 08:51 AM
I usually give them away. To me is either in ear or full size headphones. I only keep one emergency pair since they pretty much suck.

SDColorado
Dec 24, 2011, 09:26 AM
I have replaced mine with aftermarket ones. I keep the Apple Earbuds wrapped up and in the box, mostly for the purpose of reselling, when I want to upgrade it down the road.

Policar
Dec 24, 2011, 03:03 PM
For what they are, they're actually quite good:

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/lauding-jobs-least-loved-product-basic-apple-ear-bud-page-2

Earbuds sound kind of bad, no isolation and no bass. Won't sound anywhere near as good as your bose. For portable use, I much prefer noise isolating in ears or regular headphones.

Disgrace
Dec 24, 2011, 06:07 PM
Bin them. Immediately.

Like all cheap and nasty bundled earphones, they are actually bad for your hearing as you have to turn up the decibels to hear the details in the music. Buy better quality earphones/headphones/IEMs and you won't need such high volume to actually hear your music.

You don't need to spend very much to get a massive upgrade.

SandboxGeneral
Dec 24, 2011, 06:08 PM
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

The Apple earbuds are junk. I always get a pair of aftermarket ones and save the Apple earbuds as backups.

JAT
Dec 24, 2011, 06:57 PM
Never even opened mine. I've purchased 3 Apple products that came with headphones in my life. I think family members used them or something.

Sennheiser.

Merkava_4
Dec 24, 2011, 08:04 PM
I'm thinking you people answered my question very nicely. :D

Thank you all. :)