Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

crazydreaming

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
I read in an article in Macworld a while back that said that 4G iPods charge using the USB port in an airport express.

So I tried plugging in my iPod shuffle and am not 100% I am getting a charge. It does appear as though it is charging (orange light blinks). It will go all night, and the light will never change, but it seems to have a charge... Just wondering if anyone else knows more than I do about this.

wheezy

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2005
Alpine, UT
crazydreaming said:
I read in an article in Macworld a while back that said that 4G iPods charge using the USB port in an airport express.

So I tried plugging in my iPod shuffle and am not 100% I am getting a charge. It does appear as though it is charging (orange light blinks). It will go all night, and the light will never change, but it seems to have a charge... Just wondering if anyone else knows more than I do about this.

Hmmm, don't know man. Good thought though. I'll try pluggin' my 20GB in there and see what it does.

Rod Rod

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2003
Las Vegas, NV
molcas&e'sdad said:
According to this, iPod shuffle can be charged over airport express:

Apple Doc
Neat, thanks! It's too bad about the LEDs not accurately indicating charge status though. Of course the ability to charge on an express base station is nice to have.

crazydreaming

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Rod Rod said:
Neat, thanks! It's too bad about the LEDs not accurately indicating charge status though. Of course the ability to charge on an express base station is nice to have.

Yea, the LED's aren't accurate. But the Airport Express has been the sole mathod of charging all week. No problems! I was worried at first about not always having a charger. I didn't want to spend $29 on the USB charger. One more reason the Airport Express is great! Now, why doesn't Apple advertise this little known fact?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.