PDA

View Full Version : Apple leases iBooks for 7.58 a week to UK students.

peter2002
Oct 16, 2002, 12:06 AM
Apple leases iBooks for 7.58 a week to UK students with an option to buy for 50 afterwards. The lease program is called iStudent. Students can lease for 1, 2, or 3 year periods with an option to buy. I don't see this offer for other countries, too bad.

Peter

http://www.apple.com/uk/education/istudent/

madamimadam
Oct 16, 2002, 12:48 AM
UNTIL I read the thread and specifically where it says "they have the option to purchase for 50" I thought it was pretty dodgy but that is REALLY good.

Renting an iBook for 7 would be a bit to pricey but overall you would be so well off at the end.

There is an Apple finance scheme but I have not seen one directed at students.

Total cost for the unit would be 1232.48. An iBook in the UK starts at 999 so I think that is a good deal. Obviously you are going to pay more than the cost of the item RRP but you are not paying much more on that deal

gotohamish
Oct 17, 2002, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by madamimadam
Total cost for the unit would be 1232.48. An iBook in the UK starts at 999 so I think that is a good deal. Obviously you are going to pay more than the cost of the item RRP but you are not paying much more on that deal

The actual deal is for a 12" CDRW iBook, which actually is NOT a machine currently offered in the Uk (or US?) and the article doesn't state what speed the machine will be, suggesting it could be an overstock of a previous CDRW model. Interesting all the same, even though I've just graduated! ;)

madamimadam
Oct 17, 2002, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by gotohamish

The actual deal is for a 12" CDRW iBook, which actually is NOT a machine currently offered in the Uk (or US?) and the article doesn't state what speed the machine will be, suggesting it could be an overstock of a previous CDRW model. Interesting all the same, even though I've just graduated! ;)

HHHMMM.... that is interesting

As someone who was more recently a student I still think that is a nice deal.