Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SmCollector

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 25, 2011
It was not a very good Xmas when we opened our Apple package that was supposed to contain 2 32 gig IPod Touches as shown on my online receipt. I was very disappointed to see that Apple sent me one 32 gig and one 8 gig. I made the big mistake of assuming that Apple actually has inventory control systems in place to insure this does not happen. Of course, Apple is closed today and I don't even have any proof that I got the wrong one since the packing slip does not include any serial numbers. This is the 2nd time I have an issue ordering from Apple mail order. Apple, thanks for ruining Xmas.

wrinkster22

macrumors 68030
Jun 11, 2011
Toronto
wow!
Allthough I understand this is not ideal that is pretty sad that this ruined your christmas. Think of how many people order through apple- millions. I am sure one call will sort things out.

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
I've never ordered from a company that is 100% accurate 100% of the time, so I always immediately check my packages when they arrive.

Sorry about your luck, and hope that Apple can straighten it out quickly tomorrow.

Battlefield Fan

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2008
...Apple, thanks for ruining Xmas.

Be happy that you have family to be with on Christmas. If monitary goods truly runied your Christmas then maybe this is a wake up call.

I hope you get your order sorted out and until then offer it up for those who aren't as fortunate as you.

Ihatefall

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

First off, happy holidays everyone.
Second, if you've had a problem in the past.....why did you assume that it'd be ok?

I'm sorry, and I am not an apple fan boy, in fact I am quite critical of the company. However, I don't think because you have the proclivity of not opening packages when they arrive, does not make it ok for you to blame Apple.

And didn't you at least wrap them????

likethesoup2

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2011
Orlando, Florida
Wow -- 'inventory control'?

When you ship as many packages to as many places as they do, guess what? Mistakes are going to happen. Does it suck that it happened to you? Yeah.

Stuff happens. And for your first thought to be to come here and b*&%h about it says A LOT about you . . .

SmCollector

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 25, 2011
Yeah, you are right. I should not let this ruin our Xmas. In fact, I should just be happy that Apple sent me anything as long as their stock is doing well. Besides, I actually think this might be the first time they have ever sent the wrong iPod as I can find no other instances of it online. I think I might just tell the family it is a luxury item we don't need. Perhaps we will take it back to the store for a refund and donate the money to charity. I don't know why I was thinking so selfishly. Merry Xmas to all.

ancelrick

macrumors member
Oct 3, 2011
Yeah, you are right. I should not let this ruin our Xmas. In fact, I should just be happy that Apple sent me anything as long as their stock is doing well. Besides, I actually think this might be the first time they have ever sent the wrong iPod as I can find no other instances of it online. I think I might just tell the family it is a luxury item we don't need. Perhaps we will take it back to the store for a refund and donate the money to charity. I don't know why I was thinking so selfishly. Merry Xmas to all.

Still pouting are we???

GeniusJon

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2011
Canada

Calm down.

With the Christmas rush, there is obviously a possible mix up with the stock. Just take it back to Apple tomorrow and deal with it.

It's a day, stop complaining like a selfish little child.

ReallyBigFeet

macrumors 68030
Apr 15, 2010
Everything you purchase from Apple has a serial number logged into their databases. One phone call on Monday will solve this problem for you. If you behave reasonably with them but are persistent, they may even throw in a goodie or two for your trouble. Last issue I had with Apple they sent me a free case and Fedex'ed the replacement to me next day, along with a box to ship my defective unit back to them.

cpucrash0

macrumors regular
May 25, 2010
Texas
why do you guys say XMAS?? can't you guys say Christmas because that's the name of the Holiday. It's not called XMAS. just saying.

ReallyBigFeet

macrumors 68030
Apr 15, 2010
why do you guys say XMAS?? can't you guys say Christmas because that's the name of the Holiday. It's not called XMAS. just saying.

It's always amusing to see absolute ignorance masquerading as righteous indignation.

Last edited:

0dev

macrumors 68040
Dec 22, 2009
Shame it didn't happen the other way around :p

But yeah, just ring 'em when they open and they'll sort it on no time.

Battlefield Fan

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2008
...Perhaps we will take it back to the store for a refund and donate the money to charity. I don't know why I was thinking so selfishly. Merry Xmas to all.
You're right. That would be a very noble thing of you to do. Unfortunately, since you call this holiday Xmas instead of Christmas clearly you're only concerned about whats under your "holiday tree."

People do realize that Christmas is a Christian based day? It never was really meant to be a day of excess greed. Gifts are fine lets just not pout about what you didn't get.
+1
yeah they want to use the word X because they don't want to say Christ. It's the war on Christmas.. some people also call the christmas tree a holiday tree. on the Calendar it says Christmas not XMAS.
+1

danahn17

macrumors 6502
Dec 3, 2009
yeah they want to use the word X because they don't want to say Christ. It's the war on Christmas.. some people also call the christmas tree a holiday tree. on the Calendar it says Christmas not XMAS.
I dont mean for this to turn into a religious debate, but do you know what ΙΧΘΥΣ is? As in the Christian fish?

The X there stands for Christ.. hence Xmas. :rolleyes: Unless you want to say the war on Christmas started in like Ancient times... and by Christians too.

At any rate, I'm pretty sure Jesus himself would not have cared if we used Xmas or Christmas. I'm sure there are much more important things He'd concern himself with.

tonyr6

macrumors 68000
Oct 13, 2011
Brooklyn NY
I would not want a 8 GB touch because my apps and music use about 9 GB of space and a 8 GB touch you only get about 6 GB of actual working space. Apple should not sell any iDevice with 8 GB. 16 GB should be the minimum.

BlackTofu

macrumors member
Dec 15, 2011
I would not want a 8 GB touch because my apps and music use about 9 GB of space and a 8 GB touch you only get about 6 GB of actual working space. Apple should not sell any iDevice with 8 GB. 16 GB should be the minimum.

Actually... there are still so many people just want to listen to the music and surf the internet with iPod Touch. 8G is totally enough to them.

0dev

macrumors 68040
Dec 22, 2009
Actually... there are still so many people just want to listen to the music and surf the internet with iPod Touch. 8G is totally enough to them.

Indeed, 8GB is plenty if the only thing you store on the internal device memory is music, which many people do.

baypharm

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2007
It was not a very good Xmas when we opened our Apple package that was supposed to contain 2 32 gig IPod Touches as shown on my online receipt. I was very disappointed to see that Apple sent me one 32 gig and one 8 gig. I made the big mistake of assuming that Apple actually has inventory control systems in place to insure this does not happen. Of course, Apple is closed today and I don't even have any proof that I got the wrong one since the packing slip does not include any serial numbers. This is the 2nd time I have an issue ordering from Apple mail order. Apple, thanks for ruining Xmas.

Ruined your Christmas over an iPod? Seriously you can't be serious? I have a cousin who is dying because she needs a kidney transplant and I am not a suitable donor. I am sorry but your posting that your Christmas was ruined by Apple just makes me laugh but in a sad way. Is this what Christmas has become?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.