PDA

View Full Version : how to use specific ID on iPhone?

amitabhbansal
Dec 25, 2011, 01:59 PM
friends,
i am having some problem, i am using iphone 4s, ipad 2, macbook pro, imac, all are with my 1 apple id which is amitabhxxxxx@xxxxxx.com, now the problem is, if my friend send me a imessage on my phone by my phone number, i received it on my ipad 2 as well, i checked that thing on iphone and found that in Settings>Messages it is showing me "Receive At 2 Addresses" when i tap that it shows me my phone number (which is in gray colour) and then my email address, and the same email address is in my ipad 2, i am using iCloud for sync all devices by one ID so i cannot change the ID on iPad, please help me in this case.
Thanks

saving107
Dec 25, 2011, 02:48 PM
now the problem is, if my friend send me a imessage on my phone by my phone number, i received it on my ipad 2 as well

Thats not possible, your iPad does not has a number associated with it, only your Apple ID.

If someone sends me a text message to my phone number, only my phone will get it.

But if someone sends me a message to my Apple ID, then my iPhone, iPad and iPod touch will all get that same message. The same rules apply to FaceTime.

You need to change your Caller ID in Settings> Messages> Receive At> Caller ID for both your iPhone and iPad to be your email address. Now you and your friend need to delete all current conversations from all of your devices and start a fresh message.

amitabhbansal
Dec 25, 2011, 03:01 PM
You are right, but what i mean to say that i want to remove the email from imessage?

saving107
Dec 25, 2011, 03:17 PM
You are right, but what i mean to say that i want to remove the email from imessage?

On your phone or iPad?

amitabhbansal
Dec 25, 2011, 09:14 PM
on iPhone

thewitt
Dec 26, 2011, 02:24 AM
If you want each device to be unique, you need to use a unique iCloud email address for iMessage on each device. You cannot remove all iCloud email addresses from your iPhone, however each device can have its own iCloud email address.