PDA

View Full Version : How would I change where a bundle is saved in XCode 3?

chrono1081
Dec 25, 2011, 11:54 PM
Hi guys,

I'm running into weirdness with XCode 3.2.6. Sometimes when I build a project the bundle gets saved in this ridiculously long file path. It doesn't happen all the time but its a huge pain whenever I'm trying to create a Maya plugin and have to navigate the path.

Is there any way to make XCode save the bundle in the project folder by default? I tried reopening the project, cleaning all targets, and rebuilding but this didn't solve the issue.

Currently the bundle is being buried many folders down in the Library folder.

I should add that I found this option (in the screen shot) but it is greyed out :/

szymczyk
Dec 26, 2011, 08:40 PM
Your screenshot is from Xcode 4. In Xcode 4 you can change the default derived data location for Xcode projects in Xcode's Location preferences. Choosing File > Project Settings lets you change the derived data location for a single project.

In Xcode 3.2 the default location for build products is in a build folder inside the project folder. To change the build product location, select the project file from the Groups and Files list and click the Info button in the toolbar to open the project file's inspector. Click the General tab in the inspector to change the build product location.

chrono1081
Dec 26, 2011, 09:18 PM
Your screenshot is from Xcode 4. In Xcode 4 you can change the default derived data location for Xcode projects in Xcode's Location preferences. Choosing File > Project Settings lets you change the derived data location for a single project.

In Xcode 3.2 the default location for build products is in a build folder inside the project folder. To change the build product location, select the project file from the Groups and Files list and click the Info button in the toolbar to open the project file's inspector. Click the General tab in the inspector to change the build product location.

Holy crap I didn't even catch that! Thats why it was happening "sometimes" and not others. I was accidentally opening my project in XCode 4 instead of 3.2.6.

I wondered why XCode "3" (which was really 4) wanted me to upgrade my project :p

Thanks so much :)