Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shotime1436

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2011
is there any way to have music playing with apple tv through your speakers, but have the video from a playstation on the tv?

snowwhite007

macrumors 6502
Nov 4, 2011
Scotland
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Why dont u stream music thro ur ps thats wat i do on xbox?

shotime1436

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2011
well i like to listen to music when i play games. i just got apple tv, and its great, but if your listening to music through it, then you cant use the tv for anything else, correct? i would like to be able to wirelessly listen to music, but also play games at the same time. i dont think this is possible, but just wanted to check.

WillPwr

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2011
The limitation is not really with the ATV2, its more with tne TV or reciever (if you are using one) setup in regards to outputing more than one input at the same time.

I guess a real simplistic way, but not ideal set up, is to have music play from home theater speakers and have the PS3 game sounds come from the TV speakers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.