Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

orpheus1120

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 23, 2008
Malaysia
Now optimized for the new iPad with Retina Display!

Featuring a whopping 2048x2048 resolution that works on both portrait and landscape modes!

Featuring the popular wallpaper from iCloud BETA, this wallpaper has been totally revamped for the new iPad from the ground up. Included are two backgrounds as seen in iCloud and iCloud beta with vignette option. Now you can interchange the wallpapers or use your own as you like!

Now also available in iPhone size! CLICK HERE

NOTE: Please finish reading this post before you post for request! Thank you!

There are two versions. With and without a vignette. The iCloud Beta's one is already vignetted as stock. Together, there are 3 different wallpapers. So here is how they look like:-

steve1t.jpg
steve2l.jpg
steve3m.jpg

NEW! Introducing the Apple Steve Jobs logo! by Jonathan Mak Long of Hong Kong.

pod0042applelogostevejo.jpg

For the first time, I'm adding this iconic image into this wallpaper, offering it as an option. (See end of this post for request details.)

steve4c.jpg

Since the new iPad has been updated with Retina Display, it means I have to redo this wallpaper. Everything you see on the wallpaper is created by me, unless stated otherwise. One thing that bugged me while getting this wallpaper up was the iCloud background. In order for the background texture to remain the same size on a Retina Display, the stock Apple iCloud background can no longer be used. Using the stock Apple one will only render the texture smaller on the Retina Display since the background is generated by tiling a 512x512 texture image. Hence, I have to recreate it for Retina Display, from scratch using Photoshop, if I want to preserve the same visual aspect of the background texture.

Here are the things I've redesigned and/or added to this new version:-

• New iCloud background for Retina Display. Totally redone.
  • A new white cord that is sooo much nicer than the one I had created, courtesy of slavetofashion69 from DevianArt.
  • More accurate surface light rendering on the badge to better mimics the one seen in iCloud.com .
  • Added shadows to various elements in the wallpaper, and a 1-point light source from the right.
  • Various improvement to the overall badge rendering, color-corrected.
  • Text drop and inner shadow corrected for Retina Display.
  • Various other tweaks I can't recall offhand. :D:D

Requests are welcome, but please follow these rules:-

• Each member is only allowed 3 requests. I reserve the right to refuse any request which I feel is abusing my free service.
  • Specify which version you like:- with or without vignette or iCloud Beta. If you don't specify, I'll take it you want the vignetteless(?) iCloud version.
  • Choose the :apple: icon you want. SJ denotes the Steve Jobs one. Not specifying defaults to using the original :apple: logo.
  • Please be exact of the words you want written. If you are vague, your request will not be answered. Type the words exactly as how you want it done. This eases my work since I'd just like to copy-and-paste the wordings. :D
  • Please don't repeat requests that had been answered. Sometimes the names you want may already been done. Instead of requesting me again and wasting MacRumors' storage bandwidth, why not use the "Search this Thread" tool on top of this thread, and search for the names you want?

If you like what I'm offering, I'm more than happy with just a "thank you", but more so with you giving this thread a 5-star rating!! :D You can do so by clicking on the "Rate Thread" pulldown menu on top of this thread and giving it a 5-star rating!! :) :-

I hope you like it. :D

UPDATE 6: Bug fix, and adding the :apple: SJ icon.
UPDATE 5: Wallpaper revamped for The new iPad. Now Retina-ready!
UPDATE 4: Added high resolution iCloud and iCloud Beta wallpapers.
UPDATE 3: Added vignette around wallpaper as seen in iCloud.com.
UPDATE 2: Fixed bottom right part of wallpaper gone missing.
UPDATE 1: Correct 1024x1024 version for both portrait and landscape viewing updated in the link above.

Last edited by a moderator:

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Hi orpheus,
I love the iPhone nametag thread. One thing though, your file isn't iPad resolution. (1024x1024)
I can make a .psd if you want as I have all the files required. I can also do ones with an iCloud rather than Apple logo.

Sound good? The tag may not be the optimum size at the moment, but you can easily do things like take the stripe out of the logo and resize it. Would also mean that at 1024x1024 you can use in both landscape and portrait.

Last edited:

orpheus1120

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 23, 2008
Malaysia
Hi orpheus,
I love the iPhone nametag thread. One thing though, your file isn't iPad resolution. (1024x1024)
I can make a .psd if you want as I have all the files required. I can also do ones with an iCloud rather than Apple logo.

Sound good? The tag may not be the optimum size at the moment, but you can easily do things like take the stripe out of the logo and resize it. Would also mean that at 1024x1024 you can use in both landscape and portrait.

I made the size 1024x768 for portrait viewing. Didn't know have to have it at 1024x1024.

Let me see if I can make some correction to the file to 1024x1024.

orpheus1120

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 23, 2008
Malaysia
First post updated with correct resolution version.

Those who want a copy just post up with your requests. The rest of the helpful members and I will try to help.

orpheus1120

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 23, 2008
Malaysia
Here.

Attachments

• ipad_iCloud_nametag_iPad.jpg
    ipad_iCloud_nametag_iPad.jpg
    678.8 KB · Views: 2,695
  • ipad2_iCloud_nametag_iPad.jpg
    ipad2_iCloud_nametag_iPad.jpg
    679.7 KB · Views: 1,751

orpheus1120

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 23, 2008
Malaysia
Thank you! That's perfect! I'm sure you see what I mean, with a stylized font, the V uses more of the space, so it looks better.

Fantastic! :)

Here are some more for your choosing. I'm sure others have better looking fonts than me. ;)

Attachments

• v5_iCloud_nametag_iPad.jpg
    v5_iCloud_nametag_iPad.jpg
    679.4 KB · Views: 575
  • v4_iCloud_nametag_iPad.jpg
    v4_iCloud_nametag_iPad.jpg
    679.7 KB · Views: 1,807
  • v3_iCloud_nametag_iPad.jpg
    v3_iCloud_nametag_iPad.jpg
    680.3 KB · Views: 4,958
  • v2_iCloud_nametag_iPad.jpg
    v2_iCloud_nametag_iPad.jpg
    680.6 KB · Views: 657
  • v1_iCloud_nametag_iPad.jpg
    v1_iCloud_nametag_iPad.jpg
    678.4 KB · Views: 702
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.