PDA

View Full Version : Siri for Pre-iPhone 4S Jailbroken iPhones Available, but It Remains Complicated

MacRumors
Dec 26, 2011, 09:11 PM
http://images.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/12/26/siri-for-pre-iphone-4s-jailbroken-iphones-available-but-it-remains-complicated/)

http://cdn.macrumors.com/article-new/2011/10/siri_icon.jpg

Grant Paul (chpwn) (http://blog.chpwn.com/post/14689740472) has posted a new tool for Jailbroken iPhones that allows Siri to run on pre-iPhone 4S devices. The tool (called Spire) gets around any copyright issues by downloading Siri from device images housed directly on Apple's servers and installs them on your device. The download is about 100MB, so a Wi-Fi connection is recommended.

It's not quite as simple as that, however. Siri still requires special authentication when connecting to Apple's servers. For early testers, this has meant pulling the authentication key from a valid iPhone 4S. Not only that, but the key must be regenerated every 24 hours.

For Spire users, that means setting up a proxy server, and connecting an iPhone 4S to it regularly. However, Spire is not a complete solution. Apple still requires authorization to use Siri, so information from an iPhone 4S is still required. To insert this information, Spire allows you to enter your own proxy server address. By using this (ancient) SiriProxy fork, you can setup a proxy using your own iPhone 4S to insert the needed information reasonably easily. So, it's not quite as plug-and-go, but it's a step closer to that reality, if you are desperate for Siri -- and have an iPhone 4S at your beck and call. The proxy workaround is required while we wait for the iPhone 4S jailbreak that should simplify the matter somewhat, but even then you'll still need regular access to an iPhone 4S-generated authentication key.

Article Link: Siri for Pre-iPhone 4S Jailbroken iPhones Available, but It Remains Complicated (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/12/26/siri-for-pre-iphone-4s-jailbroken-iphones-available-but-it-remains-complicated/)

besweeeet
Dec 26, 2011, 09:16 PM
See, this requires a proxy, which requires a lot of extra workarounds, and has to be running on a computer (or dedicated server, which I guess would basically be the same thing) the entire time, and is only available on a local network.

This solution is a little better: http://thetecherra.com/2011/12/10/tutorial-run-siri-on-your-iphone-4-from-start-to-finish-wip/

It's still rather complicated, but can easily be done if the person who wants to do this follows the directions. All you need is a GUI of Siri, which I suppose can now include Spire, some 4S auth keys (which that post explains how to obtain), and Sirious to actually inject those legit auth keys into the Siri GUI.

Spire's GUI can probably be used in conjunction with Sirious to insert real 4S keys into Siri (and it maybe won't have the dyld cache problem), so that it'll work without dealing with proxy servers, as well as working anywhere no matter your connection.

jreed91
Dec 26, 2011, 09:29 PM
I've downloaded this but don't have an iphone 4s to test a proxy on. Will the siri gui only show up when a working proxy is inputed?
nevermind forgot you have to tun it on

Cougarcat
Dec 26, 2011, 09:43 PM
Useless until there's an untethered iOS 5 jailbreak.

besweeeet
Dec 26, 2011, 09:44 PM
I've downloaded this but don't have an iphone 4s to test a proxy on. Will the siri gui only show up when a working proxy is inputed?
nevermind forgot you have to tun it on

GUIs will always at least activate itself, but it won't be able to do anything. It'll usually say that it can't connect, and that'll be it.

You don't really need a 4S. You just need its auth keys, which there is a tutorial for in my post above.

How's it useless? Many are using semi-tethered jailbreaks without any (or major) issues.

BaldiMac
Dec 26, 2011, 10:48 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/9A405)

Why does this article imply that this solution avoids copyright issues? Seems like some pretty bad advice to give your readers, considering the complete lack of legal analysis.

besweeeet
Dec 26, 2011, 10:52 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/9A405)

Why does this article imply that this solution avoids copyright issues? Seems like some pretty bad advice to give your readers, considering the complete lack of legal analysis.

Especially considering that the majority of users can care less about legality issues, so it's irrelevant IMO.

goobot
Dec 26, 2011, 11:00 PM

It downloads every part of siri from apple servers, it is completely legal.

Cougarcat
Dec 26, 2011, 11:01 PM
Especially considering that the majority of users can care less about legality issues
, so it's irrelevant IMO

The creators cared, and that stopped progress for a while. Now it's apparently OK because the Siri files are now unencrypted in iOS 5.0.1. But Apple issued a cease and desist for SiriN1ght and I don't see why they won't do the same for this.

thewitt
Dec 26, 2011, 11:01 PM
Unless you pay Nuance their license fee, you are running the software illegally. Apple pays Nuance for every 4S shipped...

BaldiMac
Dec 26, 2011, 11:25 PM
It downloads every part of siri from apple servers, it is completely legal.

That's just plain wrong. Copyright law doesn't disappear because you have access to copyrighted material. :rolleyes:

besweeeet
Dec 26, 2011, 11:30 PM
That's just plain wrong. Copyright law doesn't disappear because you have access to copyrighted material. :rolleyes:

True, but seriously... Who honestly cares about that sort of thing? The people just want the stuff and can care less as to the legality of it all.

BaldiMac
Dec 26, 2011, 11:35 PM
True, but seriously... Who honestly cares about that sort of thing? The people just want the stuff and can care less as to the legality of it all.

Maybe people who rely on copyright law to make a living?

Regardless, my point was just that I feel MacRumors should avoid giving out (bad) legal advice in their posts.

goobot
Dec 26, 2011, 11:37 PM

Ya but it says they can't distribute apples software, and they are not, you are getting it directly from apple.

BaldiMac
Dec 26, 2011, 11:47 PM
Ya but it says they can't distribute apples software, and they are not, you are getting it directly from apple.

This discussion is pointless if you don't have a basic understanding of copyright law. You don't have unlimited rights to Apple's software just because you can access it

User3977
Dec 27, 2011, 12:00 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Funny thing all this work aroun and what not. I have Siri and I could care less about it right now. Maybe after a few more iOS updates it would be worth something but I have never really used it other than to toy around when bored or drunk is fun too.

bse3
Dec 27, 2011, 02:43 AM
The tool (called Spire) gets around any copyright issues by downloading Siri from device images housed directly on Apple's servers and installs them on your device.

This is so awesome! From now on I'll just download trial software [Siri] from the authors homepage [Apple], and use a key [iPhone 4S] which I found on the internetz. And it will be completely legal!

goobot
Dec 27, 2011, 02:50 AM
This discussion is pointless if you don't have a basic understanding of copyright law. You don't have unlimited rights to Apple's software just because you can access it

Again, the devolpers arent breaking any laws, they arent distributing any of apples software, they arent doing anything against the law. Please tell me how they are.

trajen
Dec 27, 2011, 03:11 AM
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

What a waste of time... If you have to own a 4S or have access to one every 24 hours just to get this "hack" to work, WTF is the point?

MarkMS
Dec 27, 2011, 06:01 AM
This is interesting. As long as I'm running the proxy server, no one sees the commands I'm asking Siri, right? It goes from iPhone -> my proxy server -> Apple servers -> text commands processed -> comes back down to my proxy server and then to iPhone 4? I remember the other Siri hacks going to a third party proxy which can have commands logged.

Anyway, whether this is legal or not ... Apple is taking notice. Just like the iPhone 2G and stupid webapps when it launched, hackers are telling Apple we want Siri on older iPhones (at-least on the iPhone 4) with an API. It's still "beta" so maybe this was a way to test the Siri servers before iPhone 4 users got a hand on it, I don't know. Kinda wish I was more into the jailbreaking scene, but I like my vanilla iOS too much.

qtx43
Dec 27, 2011, 06:43 AM
Again, the devolpers arent breaking any laws, they arent distributing any of apples software, they arent doing anything against the law. Please tell me how they are.
In today's USA you have no idea whether you're breaking the law without consulting a lawyer. Or maybe i should say you ARE breaking the law daily, maybe even hourly and while you sleep, there are so many of them.

Plus you're changing the subject. He didn't say the developers were breaking the law, he meant you probably are if you do this.

thewitt
Dec 27, 2011, 06:56 AM
You would be running unlicensed software, which is illegal. No lawyers needed.

sweetbrat
Dec 27, 2011, 07:26 AM
You would be running unlicensed software, which is illegal. No lawyers needed.

Exactly. The point wasn't that the developers are breaking the law...that will have to be figured out by lawyers. But people downloading from Apple and installing it on their phones are breaking the law, because they're downloading and installing unlicensed software. Yes, people install unlicensed software all the time. That doesn't make it legal, though.

aeaglex07
Dec 27, 2011, 08:26 AM

i know right. If it were legal it would be much simpler to implement.

roadbloc
Dec 27, 2011, 09:17 AM
If a user feels they'd rather break the law than pay for a product, the product is clearly at fault. Apple made this very clear when they opened the iTunes Store to take on Music Piracy. If people would prefer to go about the hassle of 'pirating' Siri than buy a 4S, Apple have got something wrong. I'd say it was that they didn't offer Siri to 4 and 3GS users.

ombrenelcielo
Dec 27, 2011, 09:27 AM
Great Stuff!

Iria
Dec 27, 2011, 10:03 AM
As if I needed anything more than common sense to question the legality of this, speaking to a Calif. lawyer (Apple is based there, of course):

He (the developer) is wrong. If he has no permission to download the binaries that is where Apple will nail him. The other issue is that Apple's design has been messed with, which is their right to keep intact.

BaldiMac
Dec 27, 2011, 10:09 AM
If a user feels they'd rather break the law than pay for a product, the product is clearly at fault. Apple made this very clear when they opened the iTunes Store to take on Music Piracy. If people would prefer to go about the hassle of 'pirating' Siri than buy a 4S, Apple have got something wrong. I'd say it was that they didn't offer Siri to 4 and 3GS users.

I wonder if you apply the same logic to the things that you own. :D Apple doesn't have an obligation to make Siri available to anyone that wants it.

roadbloc
Dec 27, 2011, 10:16 AM
I wonder if you apply the same logic to the things that you own. :D Apple doesn't have an obligation to make Siri available to anyone that wants it.

A fair point. Anyone who has used Apple products for a while now should not expect to be able to get the latest software features without the latest hardware, even though your hardware is more than capable of it (iCloud and the Mac App Store is another example, I feel Leopard or even Tiger users should be able to use it).

I wasn't trying to justify stealing what is essentially software that has to be purchased. I was just stating that it is understandable that people do it, when Apple make such consumer hostile decisions such as restricting Siri to the 4S and iCloud to Lion. Apple have no right to complain when people pirate Siri instead of buying a 4S, especially when they have demonstrated why consumers pirate in the first place.

kycophpd
Dec 27, 2011, 10:20 AM

So Sony got it wrong when they did not release software to make Madden 2012 work for my original Playstation? The product is not clearly at fault in either of these. The product evolved just as the software evolved. So the user can choose to move up in products, if not stay on the one you have.

Bluefusion
Dec 27, 2011, 10:33 AM
I was really excited about this until I found out how absurd the whole thing is. Sure, I have an iPhone 4S just lying around that I don't use at all, but I really want to enable Siri on my iPhone 4... /sarcasm

It's too bad that Siri isn't available for the iPhone 4, but you know what? I wanted to buy one-- really did!--and couldn't. AT&T wouldn't allow me to upgrade and sign another contract with them, even though it's cheaper for me to move to Sprint, stop paying AT&T altogether, and get the phone I want. I told them that, and they didn't seem to care. Awesome...

Someone wake me up when we get Siri figured out? :)

roadbloc
Dec 27, 2011, 10:35 AM
So Sony got it wrong when they did not release software to make Madden 2012 work for my original Playstation? The product is not clearly at fault in either of these. The product evolved just as the software evolved. So the user can choose to move up in products, if not stay on the one you have.

That is taking what I said to the extreme a bit don't you think? There is a cutoff point. 3-4 years maybe. One year, people are going to get upset.

Amazing Iceman
Dec 27, 2011, 11:03 AM
If Time = Money, then it's less expensive to buy an iPhone 4S than spending all that time and effort trying to make it work on an old phone.

But it's good to know there are qualified people who researched this possibility to the point of making it available. :D

ThunderSkunk
Dec 27, 2011, 11:12 AM
Siri on iPad
Will make a donation to a dev that cracks it.
Will make a sizable donation to Nuance with a letter of thanks.

and a letter of wtf to apple

daxomni
Dec 27, 2011, 12:08 PM
It would seem that the real story here is that the original iPhone 4 is more than capable of running Siri just fine and that Apple apparently lied to their own customers when they claimed otherwise.

Moises3080
Dec 27, 2011, 12:47 PM
nevermind forgot you have to tun it on how do you turn it on...i dont see the gui.

----------

how do you turn it on...i dont see the gui. nevermind:)

Noisemaker
Dec 27, 2011, 01:02 PM

So by your idiotic logic, if someone steals a car, it's not because they don't want to pay for it, it's simply because the company making the car did something wrong.

A fair point. Anyone who has used Apple products for a while now should not expect to be able to get the latest software features without the latest hardware, even though your hardware is more than capable of it (iCloud and the Mac App Store is another example, I feel Leopard or even Tiger users should be able to use it).

I wasn't trying to justify stealing what is essentially software that has to be purchased. I was just stating that it is understandable that people do it, when Apple make such consumer hostile decisions such as restricting Siri to the 4S and iCloud to Lion. Apple have no right to complain when people pirate Siri instead of buying a 4S, especially when they have demonstrated why consumers pirate in the first place.

It's not just Apple products. It's all technology, and that's how it works. In fact, that's how the world works. Old things go away, new things replace them.

You seem to have the idea that Apple owes you something. They don't. They released new products and gave them new features. If you want the new features, buy the new products.
And, if you don't like how the entire world works, that's just too damn bad. Because you sitting and bitching about how it should be fair to steal because you can't get something new isn't going to change anything, aside from people's opinions of you.

By your logic, I assume you'd "understand" if I came and broke down your door (it's ok - you shut it in a way I deemed was "wrong"), walked into your house, and took your TV. Your TV is newer than mine, so by your logic, it's fair for me to have it.
Just think about that for a moment, because that's exactly what you're arguing for. :rolleyes:

Apollo 13
Dec 27, 2011, 01:03 PM
lol at all the 4s owners trying to scare ppl. Bet you all have downloaded music, movies, games on your computer and don't worry about it being legal or not. Hypocrites

Noisemaker
Dec 27, 2011, 01:15 PM
lol at all the 4s owners trying to scare ppl. Bet you all have downloaded music, movies, games on your computer and don't worry about it being legal or not. Hypocrites

lol at all the people who have to use some butt**** backwards method because they can't afford a 4S. Bet you all have wanted a 4S, Siri, better camera on your iPhone and don't worry about it unless you see someone who has something you don't. Hypocrites.

BaldiMac
Dec 27, 2011, 02:07 PM
It would seem that the real story here is that the original iPhone 4 is more than capable of running Siri just fine and that Apple apparently lied to their own customers when they claimed otherwise.

When did they claim otherwise?

*LTD*
Dec 27, 2011, 04:06 PM
If a user feels they'd rather break the law than pay for a product, the product is clearly at fault.

:confused:

If a user feels they'd rather break the law than pay for a product, they've decided the punishment/risk is relatively minor

Now we're getting to the heart of the matter.

This has nothing to do with Apple, and everything to do with people who feel they can get away with it.

knoxtown
Dec 27, 2011, 04:07 PM

I've never downloaded illegal music, movies, games, or a piece of software... If I want something, I pay for it.

What's wrong with you people?

spyguy10709
Dec 27, 2011, 04:07 PM
If you have to have an iPhone 4S what's the point?!?

The point is -
For a lot of people (like me) Every time I've gotten a new iPhone, someone else in my family would be getting an upgrade as well (My old phone)

I got a 3gs, when the 4 came out, I gave the 3gs to my mom, and when the 4s came out, I gave my 4 to my dad. So now, I can give them both access to siri. This is the legal grey-area here.

I also have a 64gb iPT 4, which I can now put siri on.

Superb.

goobot
Dec 27, 2011, 04:08 PM
In today's USA you have no idea whether you're breaking the law without consulting a lawyer. Or maybe i should say you ARE breaking the law daily, maybe even hourly and while you sleep, there are so many of them.

Plus you're changing the subject. He didn't say the developers were breaking the law, he meant you probably are if you do this.

Doesn't matter, once the software in on YOUR device you can do what you want with it. If i buy a car can the car manufacture tell me i can't get new wheels? No, Once it is on my computer i can do what i want with it.

spyguy10709
Dec 27, 2011, 04:11 PM
Doesn't matter, once the software in on YOUR device you can do what you want with it. If i buy a car can the car manufacture tell me i can't get new wheels? No, Once it is on my computer i can do what i want with it.

Well, if the copyright holder says this software is only for a certain device, and then you hack it to make it work on another device - EVEN IF THE MANUFACTURER HAS A DOWNLOAD FOR FREE- you're still in violation of copyright.

I know, it sucks. And no one will catch you. But do you want that on your conscience?

knoxtown
Dec 27, 2011, 04:11 PM

You obviously aren't a fan of "reading the fine print". (http://www.apple.com/legal/sla/)

*LTD*
Dec 27, 2011, 04:31 PM

No. You only have a license to use the software. There are terms and conditions of use attached to that license.

Please leave the car analogies where they belong: cars.

MrDelux
Dec 27, 2011, 04:42 PM
I'd pay a 4s owner that linked their phone to this proxy and sold the URL of the proxy to enable me to have Siri.

x65975
Dec 27, 2011, 06:29 PM
I'm having trouble understanding this. I have a 4S and a 4. The 4 is jailbroken and Spire has been downloaded, etc.

Is it not as simple as creating a proxy address on the 4s and adding it to Spire on the 4? I've tried doing this through Settings, VPN, etc. but I'm not able to click SAVE on the 4S to create the proxy.

Any input would be appreciated.

BaldiMac
Dec 27, 2011, 07:11 PM

Like I said before, you need to have a basic understanding of copyright law. You apparently do not.

The point is -
For a lot of people (like me) Every time I've gotten a new iPhone, someone else in my family would be getting an upgrade as well (My old phone)

I got a 3gs, when the 4 came out, I gave the 3gs to my mom, and when the 4s came out, I gave my 4 to my dad. So now, I can give them both access to siri. This is the legal grey-area here.

I also have a 64gb iPT 4, which I can now put This is the phone at the cabin 865 448 3521 cause Freddie said the service there sucks and wanted me to pass it on on.

Superb.

There isn't actually a gray area here.

*LTD*
Dec 27, 2011, 08:54 PM

The point is -

I also have a 64gb iPT 4, which I can now put siri on.

Superb.

So Apple is required to accommodate your particular "family upgrade tradition", a circumstance which automatically posits a "legal grey area" when Apple aren't required (and don't) do that? :confused:

Self-entitlment writ large.

ineedanewwallet
Dec 27, 2011, 09:12 PM
Anyone who goes to this much effort just to have Siri on a non-4S is just plain retarded.

Go buy a frickin' 4S cheapskate.

mazz0
Dec 28, 2011, 02:11 AM
Especially considering that the majority of users can care less about legality issues, so it's irrelevant IMO.

Funny thing all this work aroun and what not. I have Siri and I could care less about it right now. Maybe after a few more iOS updates it would be worth something but I have never really used it other than to toy around when bored or drunk is fun too.

Is this "could care less" thing an in joke I'm not privy to, or do you guys genuinely not realise you're saying the exact opposite of what you mean? Apologies if I come access as something of a pedantic little bugger, although given the complete dichotomy between the words and their intended meaning I think calling it pedantic is pushing it somewhat.

Mr. Gates
Dec 28, 2011, 02:59 AM
Is this "could care less" thing an in joke I'm not privy to, or do you guys genuinely not realise you're saying the exact opposite of what you mean? Apologies if I come access as something of a pedantic little bugger, although given the complete dichotomy between the words and their intended meaning I think calling it pedantic is pushing it somewhat.

Oh I hate that too.

Very much.

It seems they care....from 1 to 100 ,...who knows. They might even care a lot!

After all, ..they COULD care less.

Who is to say that they are not very caring people and not illiterate parrots:rolleyes:

this is funah
Dec 28, 2011, 10:18 AM

Heheheheh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om7O0MFkmpw

bushido
Dec 28, 2011, 10:47 AM
meh Siri is boring as it is, i played around with is the first day i got my 4S but thats about it. it doesnt even understand half the names i'm saying and has a general problem with words that include a "ck"

i hope a future update allowes us to do stuff like "turn off wifi" etc.

another problem is that once i turn siri to german it doesnt understand english song names for the ipod feature and comes up with all kind of random german words

nozebleed
Dec 28, 2011, 01:53 PM
In fact, that's how the world works. Old things go away, new things replace them.

You seem to have the idea that Apple owes you something. They don't. They released new products and gave them new features. If you want the new features, buy the new products.
And, if you don't like how the entire world works, that's just too damn bad. Because you sitting and bitching about how it should be fair to steal because you can't get something new isn't going to change anything, aside from people's opinions of you.

By your logic, I assume you'd "understand" if I came and broke down your door (it's ok - you shut it in a way I deemed was "wrong"), walked into your house, and took your TV. Your TV is newer than mine, so by your logic, it's fair for me to have it.
Just think about that for a moment, because that's exactly what you're arguing for. :rolleyes:

i wish someone would argue this point to "occupy whatever"

roadbloc
Dec 28, 2011, 03:23 PM
Anyone who goes to this much effort just to have Siri on a non-4S is just plain retarded.

Go buy a frickin' 4S cheapskate.

What would you rather do? Buy a 4S for 600+ or spend an hour or so following some online instructions and get it for free?

Well, I know which one I've done. Works a treat. 600+ can be spent on something more constructive.

Consultant
Dec 29, 2011, 12:58 PM

Untethered iOS 5.0.1 jailbreak:
http://obamapacman.com/2011/12/untethered-ios-5-0-1-jailbreak-with-redsn0w-pwnagetool/

HangmanSwingset
Dec 31, 2011, 02:59 PM

Using Sony as another example, remember this:
A couple years ago Sony removed the OtherOS feature from the PS3. This was done on systems that were sold with the capability to run Linux using said feature. They also removed hardware-based backward compatibility on newer models, which isn't that big of a deal except for the fact that they also removed software-based backward compatibility. Also no big deal, except for the fact that after people had sold their PS2 systems to get a PS3 that at one time could play PS2 games, then after a software update couldn't, just to sell a few more PS2 systems before giving it a late retirement... That kind of thing pisses people off, especially nerds. Take things away, and they get hacked back.
Why is this comparable to Apple? Remember Siri before the 4S? The standalone app? Is it so hard for that app to keep working after the 4S was released? I mean Apple can do what they want, but to give a feature to take it away just so people would make a hardware upgrade? At least give old-model iPhone users a watered-down version of Siri that is making the 4S a worthwhile upgrade.

Which reminds me... Any other Jailbreakers/Unlockers miss Geohot right about now?

patent10021
Jan 1, 2012, 02:53 AM
IMO this JB is a Nuance[sic] :D

Clive At Five
Jan 5, 2012, 02:30 PM
Okay kids, as ridiculous as I think it is that Apple has locked Siri onto the 4S... consider this scenario:

I'm writing a book. I leave the pages of said book on the counter inside my unlocked house. You wander into my house, photo-copy the pages of my book, and leave. Legal? No.

Some other guy is giving out free maps of the inside of my house, showing where the book is, where the photocopier is, and how to use it. Legal? Well, technically, yes. However, he probably would've had to trespass himself in order to make said map. So...

And for the record, let me say that I agree with the guy who said that the reason people are trying to pirate it is because Apple did something wrong. I believe that most people have a functioning basic compass of justice and ethics. They know when something doens't feel right. That, of course doesn't justify theft.

The truth of the matter remains that companies abuse copyright, and Apple is no exception. I don't think any reasonable person would say that copyright should be outright eliminated, but it certainly could stand to be "reformed." There's a happy medium between stifling innovation (refusal to create) and stifling innovation (I.P./content hoarding)... and we are nowhere near the middle.

-Clive