Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Learylvr.

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Hi all,

I am getting my Ipad2 on Friday. My question is, I have a 64gig 4s, and I do not want to transfer all my music, pictures and apps. to my new Ipad. The Ipad is only 16gig., so i need to save on space. I would like to transfer some of the apps. Is there a way to prevent everything from my 4s automatically syncing to my Ipad? I would like to choose manually what goes on my Ipad, to save space. I don't need all 300 photos and all my music on my Ipad. Should I just setup a new apple id for the Ipad? The only problem with that is, I would need to re-purchase the apps. for the Ipad. Does the Ipad ask what to transfer from the Iphone or does it just transfer everything automatically? What is the best way to do this? Thanks so much for the advice. :)

Infrared1

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2011
Yes! Through iTunes you can manually choose what you want to sync to each device. Make sure when you plug in the iPad that your iTunes doesn't automatically sync; to do this open iTunes > Preferences > Devices > "Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically". Glad I could help.

Learylvr.

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Thanks so much. It came this morning and I can't wait to play with it. Thanks again. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.