Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alphadogantone

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 27, 2011
Texas,Houston
So About a month ago My ipod touch (4th gen)'s screen was totalled, so I decided to replace it on my own, i replaced it successfully and booted it up, now it is stuck on the apple logo , no movement at all :( , now another important thing is that i had jailbroken it using redsn0w (tethered) ((ios 5.0))

YES I HAVE TRIED FORCING A RESET USING HOME + POWER it did nothing, didnt reset, and i even tried to put it in DFU mode , still nothing, just apple logo, no changes

Regez

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2011
I know this is pretty obivous, but since the iPod is running on a tethered jailbreak try booting it again with redsnow. And by the way, there is a untethered 5.0.1 jailbreak out now.

Andrei90

macrumors 6502
Dec 28, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Yeah, you need to boot it again with redsnow using the boot tethered
Option :)

iphonehackerist

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2012
So About a month ago My ipod touch (4th gen)'s screen was totalled, so I decided to replace it on my own, i replaced it successfully and booted it up, now it is stuck on the apple logo , no movement at all :( , now another important thing is that i had jailbroken it using redsn0w (tethered) ((ios 5.0))

YES I HAVE TRIED FORCING A RESET USING HOME + POWER it did nothing, didnt reset, and i even tried to put it in DFU mode , still nothing, just apple logo, no changes

IF YOU WANT HELP DOING THIS WRITE TO ME AT MY YAHOO EMAIL AT A CONVIENT TIME AND I CAN HELP YOU STEP BY STEP AND IM 100% SURE MY TUTORIAL WILL HELP. MY EMAIL IS R.wat715@yahoo.com

ECUpirate44

macrumors 603
Mar 22, 2010
NC
You are not following the correct steps to put the device in DFU mode. If you do it right, it will go into DFU mode.

Alphadogantone

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 27, 2011
Texas,Houston
LISTEN GUYS sorry, i know how to dfu, ive owned an ipod through every model and firmware, but its not letting me dfu, it wont let me even hard reset, it stays on a white apple logo until the battery dies

GeniusJon

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2011
Canada
Even though it "looks" like it won't go into DFU mode, it probably will (or was).

Follow these steps EXACTLY and don't go doing your own thing.

1) Plug iPod into computer, no matter what state its in.
2) Close any windows that open up.
3) Open Redsnow and get to the screen where it tells you to turn off iPod. Do NOT click next.
4) Hold power for three seconds (even if screen has Apple logo or is black).
5) Hold down BOTH power and home for about 10 to 12 seconds.
6) Release power, hold home UNTIL Redsnow recognizes it in DFU.

Some people release home too early and Redsnow won't recognize.

Alphadogantone

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 27, 2011
Texas,Houston
Even though it "looks" like it won't go into DFU mode, it probably will (or was).

Follow these steps EXACTLY and don't go doing your own thing.

1) Plug iPod into computer, no matter what state its in.
2) Close any windows that open up.
3) Open Redsnow and get to the screen where it tells you to turn off iPod. Do NOT click next.
4) Hold power for three seconds (even if screen has Apple logo or is black).
5) Hold down BOTH power and home for about 10 to 12 seconds.
6) Release power, hold home UNTIL Redsnow recognizes it in DFU.

Some people release home too early and Redsnow won't recognize.

i have no use of my home or power buttons

GeniusJon

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2011
Canada
Well that sounds simple enough, but if I could just buy a new ipod I would not be asking for help here...

Not to sound rude, but what help were you expecting? We're not magicians okay? We can't magically fix your iPod at a click of a mouse. From what you're telling us, its in pieces. If an iPod is in pieces, there isn't much you can do besides buy a new one.

Alphadogantone

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 27, 2011
Texas,Houston
Not to sound rude, but what help were you expecting? We're not magicians okay? We can't magically fix your iPod at a click of a mouse. From what you're telling us, its in pieces. If an iPod is in pieces, there isn't much you can do besides buy a new one.
well I was just wandering if there was a program that could force it into dfu without use of the home button, i fixed my power button and reassembled it...

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
May 20, 2010
Ypsilanti, MI
well I was just wandering if there was a program that could force it into dfu without use of the home button, i fixed my power button and reassembled it...

No. Your only chance is to buy a new one. Sorry to break it to you. You should have restored before you replaced the screen.

beebiker

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2012
hi my ipod was jailbroken. recently it didnt startup properly. previously my home button was spoilt
and i sentt it for service at sapura. and does this mean they will find that its jailbroken? and if they find out what happens?
:eek:please reply..

namnam123

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2012
i found a solution

i have the exact same problem i also had an ios 5 tethered jailbreak and then i replaced the screen and i couldnt put it in dfu mode so i discovered my on/off/sleep cable is ripped by just a little so i have to replace it
if you want to try yourself heres a link to buy on ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Replacement...ccessories&hash=item2562a0b04b#ht_3734wt_1110
and heres a video showing how to disassemble ipod
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LTzhQW5_z8&feature=related
he starts repairing the on/off/sleep button at 5:07
you dont have to disassemble everything he does
let me know if it helped

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.