PDA

View Full Version : iMac LCD has light circular blotches

MacLuvR
Jun 2, 2005, 01:01 PM
I just got my 17" iMac yesterday. During the initial start up when the screen displays the solid greyish color I noticed at the top right edge of the screen was a double semi-circle shaped blotch (pretty large, maybe about 1.5"x 1") that displayed a slightly lighter coloring than the rest of the screen. I was glaring at it through the whole set up, trying to wipe it off but to no avail. Fortunately though, once the patterened wall paper image appeared and the finder bar popped up the blotch seemed to blend in and was not noticeable, but I know its there. I've had a similar experience on my digital camera's LCD screen (small circular blotch that can't be wiped off). I'm not familiar with the LCD technology, but I'm pretty sure the issue with my iMac LCD display and my camera display are the same. Does anyone know what causes this?

I'll be in touch with Apple to see if they recommend the display be replaced, but in the meantime I was interested to see if anyone knows about this or has experienced it as well.

Sutekidane
Jun 2, 2005, 01:46 PM
I've never seen anything like that happen, but you should return the imac ASAP before they try and blame you for the damage ^_^.