Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

msp561

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 23, 2011
Cannot figure out how to do this....

I tried to use bootcamp assistant as I saw often around the internet, but it gives me the option to choose whether I have the mac install cd or need to download drivers i click continue and it says it needs to be a single HD.

So how do I remove the windows partition?

johnhurley

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2011
Cannot figure out how to do this....

I tried to use bootcamp assistant as I saw often around the internet, but it gives me the option to choose whether I have the mac install cd or need to download drivers i click continue and it says it needs to be a single HD.

So how do I remove the windows partition?

What mac system are you running on exactly? What operating system? What is your current disk layout?

msp561

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 23, 2011
Just to clarify... this is the message I am receiving

The startup disk cannot be partitioned or restored to a single partition.
The startup disk must be formatted as a single Mac OS Extended (Journaled) volume or already partitioned by Boot Camp Assistant for installing Windows.

msp561

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 23, 2011
Totally overlooked what people were telling me to do... I kept clicking the Macintosh HD instead of the main one... which enables you to manage partitions. Silly me! Thanks for your concern though!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.