PDA

View Full Version : MS gets hacked!

iSaint
Jun 2, 2005, 08:50 PM
Fox News reports (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,158463,00.html) on a MSN hack in Korea.

"Korea is a leader in high-speed Internet users worldwide." Never would have thought that!

Jun 2, 2005, 09:02 PM
Well they somewhat got hacked... As the article states (The Korean site, unlike U.S. versions, was operated by another company) so Microsoft themselfs were not in control of the website.... and (Microsoft believes the computers were vulnerable because operators failed to apply necessary software patches) so you can't really blame Microsoft for the other companies lack of updates.

Sure my personal opinion should be that patches would not be needed... but they obviously are and as much as I like holding Microsoft for their mistakes/failures/holes/whatever... I'll admit, its fun sometimes to make fun of them... but in this case, you can't really hold them responsible. It may have been their website; but its not being run by them.

mkrishnan
Jun 2, 2005, 09:14 PM
"Korea is a leader in high-speed Internet users worldwide." Never would have thought that!

I think this is not only true now, but has been true for several years...maybe five or more. One of the other embarrassing issues about American adoption of tech, alongside the 3G cell debacle, the lack of rural digital coverage, and the joke that is US HDTV.... :rolleyes: