PDA

View Full Version : iMac DOES bring converts

irmongoose
Jan 10, 2002, 04:06 AM
The new iMac DOES bring converts...

I live in Tokyo, and here the MWSF was not such a big deal... but I was crazy about all the hype, so I was telling all my friends about it, even the PC users...

After the new iMac was released, I showed them the iMac on the Apple site, and they LOVED it.

A few of my friends are so into it that they want to come along with me to the Tokyo expo!

This is unbelievable... I have never seen ANY of these friends interested in an Apple product before (except for OS X)

Maybe this is where no PC has gone.... no Mac user has drooled over a Wintel machine the way my friends were over the iMac....:D

F/reW/re
Jan 10, 2002, 05:13 AM
About time they desided to open their eyes :rolleyes:
I tought the iMac was already very pop in Asia?

Microsoft_Windows_Hater
Jan 10, 2002, 05:31 AM
My mom never considered mac's before, now she is so into it. She is getting one so she can look trendy! Lol!

arn
Jan 10, 2002, 06:02 AM
Well - this was prior to the new iMac...

but I think OS X is turning a lot of heads as well... in the past few months, I've heard a lot of anecdotes as well as posts in varous message boards about Linux and Windows folk who have switched just for OS X.

The new iMac will bring a cheaper mac to those people as more incentive to move over.

Blake (the other admin) has 2 pc friends who are watching Apple closely now to make the switch.

arn

gandalf55
Jan 10, 2002, 06:08 AM
well... a very HUGE PC fan who works with me just slapped cash down for a Dell.

Yesterday, she walks into my office and just starts spitting out, "damn!! ****!! man, I messed up... " etc. I look at her with a puzzled look, thinking the worst, and she proceeds to tell me that she just bought a Dell and saw the new iMac and is kicking herself... she totally loves it! She wants the iMac in a serious way.

The new iMac is a consumer-level machine only. Not a pro machine. And Apple is gonna sell a TON of these things. It's not a design I particularly enjoy, but when you need market share, sometimes you gotta just hang your nuts out there like Apple is doing right now. I hope it works for the best ;)

Vive Apple.

Phaedrus
Jan 10, 2002, 07:46 AM
A tribute to the idea:

http://homepage.mac.com/dave7/objet_d'art/PhotoAlbum11.html

Phaedrus
Jan 10, 2002, 07:53 AM
The link above does not work if you click on it. Highlight and copy the entire address, and paste it into your browser line.

Unregistered
Jan 10, 2002, 08:25 AM
I am a convert. The iMac is what converted me. I now have an iMac DV and a ti Powerbook 550.

nubneck
Jan 10, 2002, 09:06 AM
I agree. Most of my non-mac friends are very impressed by the design of the new iMac. It's weird that some people on this site had an unenthusiastic reaction, as most people I've spoken to think the machine looks amazing!

rastalin94
Jan 10, 2002, 11:50 AM
Be afraid Mr. Gates, be very afraid.........

evildead
Jan 10, 2002, 12:48 PM
I have a friend that works for MS. He loves the new iMac. He even wants to get one. He still needs to Keep his XP Box for show and for work (he cant connect remotely from home without it)

but hes getting one!!

Durandal7
Jan 11, 2002, 08:06 PM
All of my PC friends say that they love the new design of the iMac. I agree with all of the posts saying that PC users tend to like it more than mac users. By the way microsoft_windows_hater, great screen name.

Ensign Paris
May 11, 2002, 06:08 AM
The iMac is just great, I use one at work, its a fantastic thing to work on for a few hours.

The iMac has got alot of interest from people at my school, and so has the eMac, the teachers love the eMac, as do I.

Ensign