Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Metsfan67

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2011
Hello everyone,
This is my first post in the this forum, because i have looked EVERYWHERE for help with the problem i am having, and you guys here seem like you know the most. Forgive me if there is another thread on this, but i honestly have looked and was not able to find it. Well, here it goes. I installed my owc data doubler with a 60gb OCZ vertex 3 SSD, and i love it. I put a fresh copy of OSX on it, and it runs great. But my problem is, i dont know how to choose what goes on which drive. For example, i have Touch Grind in my applications folder on the SSD, but i want to move it to the HDD, and that works fine, but it disappears from launchpad. I can go through finder and all that but that gets pretty annoying after a while, and being that i only have a 60gb SSD, i still have a fair amount of things i want on the HDD. My issue is very hard to describe, but i guess the best way i could put the exact thing i need help with, is how to make apps appear in launchpad without them being in the applications folder. Also, any other dual hard drive guidance you want to throw in would be great, as i honestly do not have too much of an idea what I'm doing with this.
Thanks for the help in advance!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.